breakfast at intercontinental Miami

zula

Hello,

I'm from Europe and in most hotels here breakfast is included. I read after I did a search on cruisecritic that breakfast is expensive at the Intercontinental Bayside. How much is a breakfast at IC? Do they have a breakfast buffet or is it a la carte? My husband doesn't like to go far for breakfast, so I don't think he will want to go to Bayside for breakfast.

Regards,

Sonja

they will probably have both....I would expect a buffet to cost about $20-25 USD at the intercontinental, give or take a few dollars.....you may make out better ala carte if you aren't hungry, however.....coffee and juice can cost 8 or 9 dollars in big hotels....

You may want to think twice about eating at the IC. Last yr. when we stayed there my DH decided he waited a snack. This was mid afternoon. He had a burger and a beer, and I had a coke. The bill was $30.00. The Bayside isn't far to walk. Maybe 5 minutes. Lots of choices there. IC does have a Starbucks in the lobby area.

Judi :)

Hello,

I'm from Europe and in most hotels here breakfast is included. I read after I did a search on cruisecritic that breakfast is expensive at the Intercontinental Bayside. How much is a breakfast at IC? Do they have a breakfast buffet or is it a la carte? My husband doesn't like to go far for breakfast, so I don't think he will want to go to Bayside for breakfast.

Regards,

Sonja

Look into booking a room on the club floor. A continental breakfast is included in the price of the room.

Keith

Look into booking a room on the club floor. A continental breakfast is included in the price of the room.

Keith

For the date I checked the club rooms were $70 more than a regular room......hardly a savings if one is concerned about the cost of breakfast.

For the date I checked the club rooms were $70 more than a regular room......hardly a savings if one is concerned about the cost of breakfast.

You'll find that this will vary by date and it will also vary by room. If you are comparing it to the lowest price room then it probably won't work for you but if you are comparing it to some of the other rooms it may be a good value.

Walk across the street to Latin American cafe at Bayside. Very reasonably priced breakfasts and they open at 7 a.m.

Another alternative is to talk a block or two and you'll find many little places where you can have breakfast. I would avoid the hotel for breakfast.

Walk across the street to Latin American cafe at Bayside. Very reasonably priced breakfasts and they open at 7 a.m.

Another alternative is to talk a block or two and you'll find many little places where you can have breakfast. I would avoid the hotel for breakfast.

I second that! My husband and I paid $12 plus tip for 2 cups of coffee at the hotel. Then we took a nice morning walk over to The Latin Cafe and our whole bill was about $10. It was delicious!

OP said they didn't want to walk far for breakfast. If they are anything like me, I cannot actually walk anywhere before I've had my morning coffee. I can barely get from my room down to the hotel restaurant!

Archived