Favorite thing to do in Progreso and Cozumel?

nolababe504

But it has to be the Ponchos down behind Los Cinco Soles not the one in the pier area. :) The food is much better and it's just so much nice we we think so......:D

Progresso take the shuttle in walk around the flea/craft market and head towards the beach and Buddy's for drinks and a bite to eat. ;):p

Take a taxi into town. Get off the main strip and walk the backstreets doing some shopping. Long leisurely lunch at Abuelo Gerardo...in the covered garden. Resting mid-afternoon in the square while my husband passes out packages of gum to the kiddos. Oh, don't forget the obligatory picture with the ice-cream guy's parrot!

Progreso--took the double decker bus for a tour then went to the beach for a $10massage then to buddy's. Had a good time. But progreso in my opinion is good one time. Don't care to go back.

Cozumel--that's easy. Nachi cocum. Go see Carlos!

I LOVED Progresso. It's a real Mexican town, not all whitewashed and touristy. You can get massages right there on the beach. You don't even need to book them ahead of time, just walk towards the beach and they'll find you.

We also got a cab to some ruins and got a private tour and the cab driver waited for us. I love Progresso and I think it's sad that it gets a bad rap just because it doesn't have black top streets and chain restaurants.

We really liked Telum for the ruins, very pretty, but most of the times we've been in Coz we just follow the crowd to a all inclusive, even the rinky dink ones have been a really nice time, good food, great margaritas, some fairly nice snorkling, good times, I like Coz!!!

Cheers, Carole

Cozumel: grab a taxi and try to be the first ones to Paradise Beach! Stake out our spot and relax. Read, drink, eat, drink, swim, drink, you get the picture.

Progreso: Take the double decker bus (sit up top, but duck when they tell you), walk down toward Le Saint Bonet - grab a chair across the street (see Paradise Beach note above). Walk (slowly) across the street for lunch and drinks. Have a cheap ($20/hr) massage on the beach. Ahhh.... not the world's best, most trained massage, but the ocean breezes (and the margaritas) make it priceless.

Cozumel Bar Hop without a doubt! It was so much fun...seeing the eastern side of the island was beautiful and very relaxing. Check it out...http://www.cozumelbarhop.com...you'll have a blast! :D

I have never been to Progresso but in Cozumel my husband and I enjoyed venturing off into town on our own. We did some shopping, some sight-seeing, and lots of margarita drinking. :D I am cruising to Cozumel and Progresso in September and will probably be venturing out on my own again.

I adore Cozumel and have been here several times since 1994. You can't go wrong with the beaches, the national park (chankanaab) or the downtown plaza if you want to shop. It's also fun to rent a jeep and take a drive. It's nearly impossible to get lost.

Progresso:rolleyes:, yeah, I'd definitely plan on an excursion. It will be nice in 5-10 years but it's still very old school, hard core Mexico. I've been many places that were more hard core, and we enjoyed the market for about an hour, but if you haven't traveled outside the US much, it's an eye opener.

My most memorable and happy experience that I never forget in Cozumel is when my other half and my father in law took the Culinary Cusine Experience. We were taken by ac bus to a main hotel there and they had the outdoor "kitchen" under a huge huge tent and we were divided into groups of 4 with a cooking top stove and were taught to make some mexican recipes and we were able to decorate our dessert it was so much fun. While we were being taught and was cooking we were sipping drinks they offered so many types of drinks unlimited cocktails, beer, wine etc....then we got to sit down at large tables and eat our meal and we were given all types of wines....it was an experience I never forget a great excursion. :)

I also agree with the above poster. If you know any spanish at all, give it a shot. I haven't taken a class in 25 years but I did use some, especially in Progresso. They loved that I was willing to try, even if I screwed it up.

My friend and I went on a tour of the Mayan ruins of Tulum. It was a long ferry ride, and a bit of a drive, but it was amazing. We finished the tour in downtown Cozumel with enough time to shop, and go for lunch at Margaritaville.

Archived