Favorite thing to do in Progreso and Cozumel?

nolababe504

Cozumel Bar Hop without a doubt! It was so much fun...seeing the eastern side of the island was beautiful and very relaxing. Check it out...www.cozumelbarhop.com...you'll have a blast! :D

IB, what time did you depart for the bar hop and how far from the cruise terminal did you have to go, and what time did you get back? My DH, DS, and a few others are looking at doing the bar hop.

Not sure if anyone know the answer to this, but I am thinking of booking a dolphin swim at Chankanaab Park. It says you leave in a taxi at the end of the excursion. Does that mean if you want you can stay longer and leave when you want?

Cozumel - Paradise Beach!!! Me and my daughter had so much fun there and we will definatley be going back there in Dec on the Magic!

Progresso - I LOVED Progresso! It is very Mexico but that is what I loved about it! The double decker bus was great and the market was fun too. We walked down to the beach and had the BEST coconut shrimp (I can't remember the name of the restaurant something like Bonita?) anyways a meriachi (did I spell that right?) played for us and then we go $10 massages on the beach!!! Awesome!!!!:p

Always rent a VW from Rentadora Isis and just take a drive around the island.

The other side is just beautiful with its crashing shoreline and rocks.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/michellejed/100_5125.jpg

Plenty of time to tour the island and get some shopping in, go to the stores a few blocks from the main area. People are so nice.

We like doing Beach Days in Cozumel. So far we have been to Paradise Beach, Mr. Sancho's, and Isla Pasion via Twister. I would have to say our favorite so far is Isla Pasion. The only people on the island were the workers and the people that came over on our speed boat (which was much more exciting than our normal taxi ride!). We had a whole section of beach (in front of the bar and food area so it was easy to get additional drinks and food) all to ourselves and loved every minute of it.

Progresso was a last minute replacement for us (we were supposed to go to Grand Cayman). We ended up just checking out the stores on the pier and then spending a relaxing day on the empty ship.

We loved Progreso. Check out the open air market where the bus drops you off. Take the Double Decker tour of the town for only $2 per person. Very nice tour. Check out the beaches and the restuarants. We ate at the only restaraunt that has a fresh water pool in the middle of it. It was very refreshing to rinse off after being in the salt water. We swam while we waited for the most delicious food ever!

1195278341_RestaurantinProgreso.jpg.98340ab672cdb44ad8dce3830666ede2.jpg

382459337_PoolinRestaurant.jpg.c0029db78378f319fe7d637ae514d255.jpg

1866421681_cruise2006047.jpg.71ace32afd33f834cb079edb76d0d58b.jpg

I would have to say, I enjoyed Progressive. Hubby and I each got massages on the beach for $25 that was for both of us. it was a very good massage, just walk on the beach and they will approach you. then we sat there just talking to a few couples sitting on the beach drinking. It was a great time. The other couples got food and it looked very good and was not that expensive

Progresso is great. My wife and i didnt plan any excursions there, as there wasnt any that were to our liking. We got off the ship and took the bus into town. Walked around and checked out all the vendors and beach area. Stopped at the little gas station there. You can get massive bottles of water for less than .50 cents (same ones on the ship cost 4 dollars). Their prices are listed in pesos, but the cashier will take dollars, just ask her. We stocked up.

We ate some great sea food ceviche at one of the local places near the beach, had a few drinks, shopped some more, and went back to the ship. Reminded me of when it was actually safe to go into Mexico and we used to cross the border near Laredo when i was a kid.

Progresso is very sunny and can be very hot. Dress accordingly, hat and sunscreen, and bring plenty of water (or buy it in town). When we were there, there wasnt much wind, so it was even hotter.

We have been to Cozumel twice now, and always head straight for Nachi Cocom. That place is just paradise. I keep thinking maybe next time we should see more of the island, but then, i dont want to miss nachi!

We always use American dollars in Cozumel and Progresso. We like Nachi Cocom because it is an all inclusive and they limit the number of people at the beach club to 100 people per day. You do have to book Nachi in advance.

In Progresso, the first time we went to Merida on an excursion. I like Merida a lot. We took the shopping tour but got to see lots of sights including one of the oldest cathedrals in North America and got to eat at an authentic restaraunt.

Last time we went to Progresso, we did an excursion to Dzibulchiltun. Very interesting.

Progresso - Uxmal Mayan ruins.

Very large, but uncrowded, unlike nearby Chitzen Itza.(and it's roped off, amusement park vibe)

Cozumel- Nachi Cocum

Been twice, going back again in September....

Like a slice of heaven on Earth.

Bill

In Cozumel we have rented mopeds and went to several beaches, another time we did a jeep tour and my favorite memory is how much fun my daughter had when swimming with the dolphins at Chanknaab Park.

Cozumel-rent a volkswagen with the top cut off (mexican ferrari according to the rental company, not my term), take cross island road to mezcalito's, have a $2 dos equis especial, enjoy the scenery, then make the loop heading south and stopping wherever the urge/scenery/beaches strike you, back to san miguel for a late lunch/dinner at Pancho's (meal prepared for 2 instead of 3000), and plan your next visit.

We like Buddy's in Progreso! It's a cool hole in the wall place and we spent the afternoon there and loved it!

69156_166924303323259_100000170718089_618744_3323394_n.jpg

$1 for a corona and a free shot! Cheap but delicious margaritas!

69395_166924216656601_100000170718089_618739_188323_n.jpg

Our bartender for the day was awesome

67299_166924193323270_100000170718089_618738_4171112_n.jpg

Me and the bartender

71546_166924236656599_100000170718089_618740_1169811_n.jpg

oh and by the way, people are posting the amt they spend to go and do things, are you talking american $$ or do we have to exchange for Mexican $$ and where do we do that?

We have always paid with American money!! Never had a problem!!

Archived