Carnival Spirit Obstructed Balcony

danman252

How obstructed are the balcony cabins on carnival spirit? The wife and I will be going to Alaska next year, and I am not sure if the balcony will be worth the extra money if i cant see anything. the balcony cabins are 7A on the upper deck

The lifeboats come about to the balcony railing. We consider these staterooms to be an exceptional value. We especially like 5224 and 5227 (I think). These are the most forward of the after group of 7A cabins. Quiet, private and great view.

Doc

We had an obstructed view on the Legend and the obstruction (lifeboat) was below the balcony floor so we could see out just as well as in any other cabin, just could not look straight down. Some of the lifeboats are taller and come up to the top of the balcony rail so you wouldn't be able to see anything when sitting down - I believe they are the first three lifeboats.

we had cabin 5185 obstructed and it was great. we had a balcony with 2 chairs and a table. we were in between 2 steel beams but could easily see too the front and both sides with no problem . there was even a opening we looked down too see deck 4 and some of the water. the lifeboat was even with the bottom of the deck. it was a wonderful cabin for a great price and i would get it again. as others have said, stay away from the first 3 smaller lifeboats as they are higher and block the view totally. have fun.

THE best value on Spirit class ships is 5236. It's a 7A which is the cheapest bacony category, virtually no obstrction (top of lifeboats are ankle high when standing on the balcony), and the only balcony that is longer is the aft wrap, and it's not handicap accessible, like 5238. You may get bumped if you book that one. If 5236 is available, take it. It's the only cabin I will ever book on a Spirit class ship. Unless I can get an aft wrap of course.

Archived