Sugar Free Frozen Drinks?

BigDog™

Are there any options of sugar free frozen drinks onboard? If not and we brought our own sugar free margarita mix how likely is it we could get a bartender to blend some up for us?

Never heard of such a thing.

Just seems so wrong.;)

I know I have never seen them offered on our 9 Carnival cruises thus far.

(you could maybe check one of the bar menus frequently posted in here to double check.)

I can't say I have ever heard of anyone handing a personal drink mix to a bartender to mix for them, but some cash slipped their way could do wonders.(at least if it is a slower bar. I can't imagine a bartender at a busy bar would have the time, even with some inducement)

Bill

Are there any options of sugar free frozen drinks onboard? If not and we brought our own sugar free margarita mix how likely is it we could get a bartender to blend some up for us?

i don't think they exist. I also don't think the bartender will mix the drink for you. Not cause they're too busy, but that could open them up to issues. What if you had something you were allergic to in the bottle? He serves up the drink, you get sick...he's liable cause he technically made you the drink.

But i bet you could order the rest of the frozen drink (the booze, the crushed ice) asking him to hold the Margarita mix and any simply syrup and just add the SF margarita mix on your own.

I'm bringing Crystal Lite with me to add some booze to as the simple syrup in most fru-fru drinks would spike my BS to the moon!

We don't drink alcohol, but we routinely bring a small blender onboard with us. Have packets of flavored mix that we add to ice cubes in the blender and make our own frozen slushes to sip on the balcony. The cabin steward keeps the ice coming twice a day, and it's loads cheaper than getting virgin drinks from the bar!

I just read where Crystal Light is coming out with new flavors for a limited time..Margarita, Appletini, and Mojito.

Op,

You can get a bottle of liquor from Bon Voyage and make you own. I have also heard of people that bring there own Magic Bullets for blended drinks.

Can you just settle for drinks on the rocks? I think it's either gonna be rocks or sugar. I don't think the bartender will handle your own stuff.

I was hoping there would be another option..I love my Malibu Bay breezes and Frozen Pina colada's but Ive been recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so I guess drinking is going to be out, since quiet a few things spike up my blood sugar....Any Suggestions?

As a 25 year veteran of diabetes (type 1) and someone who enjoys a cocktail, I can tell you that your best best is to stick to red wine (you can bring a bottle per adult passenger on the ship with you) or liquors that are not sweet like vodka, tequila, rum (not flavored). You can bring a 12 pack of diet soda with you as mixer or Crystal Light packs to mix up as a mixer for the liquors and put this over ice. I find that red wine or vodka works best for me, no blood sugar spikes at all.

Your best bet is to figure out what works for you and your blood sugar BEFORE you sail. That way you don't have any crazy surprises while on vacation.

Your best bet is to figure out what works for you and your blood sugar BEFORE you sail. That way you don't have any crazy surprises while on vacation.

A-MEN! It takes a while of trial and error on different foods and beverages to figure out what your body can handle and what it can't. That really is the hardest part in getting used to a diabetic life. That was great advice to figure things out before a cruise.

We're going to be doing some experimenting with different kinds of alcohol before this next cruise. I stupidly threw caution to the wind on the last one and had a couple DODs (which are loaded with simple syrup) and paid the price for it too. This time, i'm going prepared with knowing exactly how different liquors affect me.

GOod luck swimmom and BigDog. Hope you can find a compromise that keeps you AND your blood sugar happy :)

As a type 2 diabetic I ask the bartenders to make my drinks from scratch and leave out the simple sugar. They have always happily complied with my request. Most drinks really do not need to be made from a mix and any good bartender can whip one up for you. I think them appropriately for the extra work required. Another good option is the Baja Bobs sugar free mixes if you just have to have your drinks made from a mix.

Archived