Radiance Class Experts -- Question on Forward balconies/cabins on Deck 8 on Serenade

Hi There,

Calling all Radiance Class experts! :)

We are looking at booking several cabins on Deck 8 on the Serenade. The available cabins are scattered from Cabin 8022 to Cabin 8034. Can anyone tell me what the balconies are like on the cabins in this area, and does anyone have any photos they can post? I am wondering what the view looking down from the balcony rail is and whether or not you can see the lifeboat covers this far forward? Does anyone know which Deck 7 forward cabin numbers have the extended balconies? I am also wondering if these extended balcony cabins on Deck 7 impact the view looking down from Deck 8.

I know it may sound silly as most people don't seem to care about the view straight down, but we like to be able to see down to the water and watch the flying fish! :D

Thanks so much for your help!

The extended balconies on deck 7 are 7046 to 7014 port and 7546 to 7514 starboard. If you are on deck 8 above these cabins you will be forward of the life boat covers but you will look down at the extended balcony sections on deck 7.

We talked to our deck 8 neighbors. They wanted to know if our cabin was bigger...we said, no, just the balcony. :)

Hi There,

Calling all Radiance Class experts! :)

I am also wondering if these extended balcony cabins on Deck 7 impact the view looking down from Deck 8.

I know it may sound silly as most people don't seem to care about the view straight down, but we like to be able to see down to the water and watch the flying fish! :D

Thanks so much for your help!

The guys that's standing on the balcony starts the forward deck 8 cabins. Hope the picture helps.

DSCN0247.jpg

If you want a view straight down to the water, you'll want to get one of the extended balcony cabins on deck 7. I believe those exist both forward and aft. However, those above you will look straight down into your balcony.

Or if you are able, get one of the mid-hump cabins: 7598, 7600, 7602, 7604, 8592, 8594, 8596, 8598, 9582, 9584, 9586, 9588.

We had 7598 last time on the Serenade and we had a pretty decent view, with the window/balcony washer railing partially blocking our view straight down. I suspect this wouldn't be an issue on decks 8 & 9 since they are higher up.

Serenade Hump

If you want a view straight down to the water, you'll want to get one of the extended balcony cabins on deck 7. I believe those exist both forward and aft. However, those above you will look straight down into your balcony.

Or if you are able, get one of the mid-hump cabins: 7598, 7600, 7602, 7604, 8592, 8594, 8596, 8598, 9582, 9584, 9586, 9588.

We had 7598 last time on the Serenade and we had a pretty decent view, with the window/balcony washer railing partially blocking our view straight down. I suspect this wouldn't be an issue on decks 8 & 9 since they are higher up.

Serenade Hump

Hi -- that is my dilemma. :) The hump cabins are not available and we are not sure about the exposed balconies on Deck 7 (and for now, those are not even showing up as available either). We are hoping the view down from the forward cabins on Deck 8 to those extended balconies is not as bad as the view down overlooking the lifeboat covers. We love this ship but not the lifeboat covers! ;)

Hi -- that is my dilemma. :) The hump cabins are not available and we are not sure about the exposed balconies on Deck 7 (and for now, those are not even showing up as available either). We are hoping the view down from the forward cabins on Deck 8 to those extended balconies is not as bad as the view down overlooking the lifeboat covers. We love this ship but not the lifeboat covers! ;)

The higher the deck, the less obstructive the lifeboat covers or extended balconies will be. I personally would rather look over lifeboat covers than directly into other people's balconies.

Just keep checking. Rooms tend to open up around final payment as well as randomly here and there for whatever reason. You never know, you might get lucky and be able to switch :)

The higher the deck, the less obstructive the lifeboat covers or extended balconies will be. I personally would rather look over lifeboat covers than directly into other people's balconies.

Just keep checking. Rooms tend to open up around final payment as well as randomly here and there for whatever reason. You never know, you might get lucky and be able to switch :)

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the balconies overlooking the lifeboat covers are set in a bit more than the forward balconies. Based on that, I am assuming that the view looking down over the balconies would not be as bad as it is over the lifeboats.

ALL side balconies can see the lifeboat covers....they are there...you can see them. They really do NOT obstruct your view at all...your eyes will automatically look past them, out to sea.

We like to stand at the rail and look straight down at the water, and we have done so on many cruises without any obstruction. I know that very few people understand why it's an issue for us. Most people sit in their chairs and look across the water, (and we do too sometimes), but we spend a lot of time on our balcony and it's one of the things we like to do, so we are extra cautious when booking. Last time we were on this class of ship we were lucky enough to have a "hump" balcony. :)

We like to stand at the rail and look straight down at the water, and we have done so on many cruises without any obstruction. I know that very few people understand why it's an issue for us. Most people sit in their chairs and look across the water, (and we do too sometimes), but we spend a lot of time on our balcony and it's one of the things we like to do, so we are extra cautious when booking. Last time we were on this class of ship we were lucky enough to have a "hump" balcony. :)

We do as well! If I ever go on Carnival again, I'll have to try out one of the Cove balconies.

Archived