Nor Sun - Room 1002 - 48 Hour Hold - Advice Please!

FLchick2

Hi All,

I just placed a 48 hour hold on this room. It looks awesome, right next to the Star Suite. It’s in the front of the ship and looks like it has a huge balcony (does it?).

I know the front of the ship, high up, can be bumpy at times.....but I can't figure out why this room is only a BC and I got a such a good price on it.

Also available is Room 0003.

I'll need to make a decision in 48 hours unless I can get the agent to hold it longer. (Can I? Another site I checked out held rooms 5 days.)

So - advice on this room please! Good or bad?

Thank you!

Take this cabin! We always book this one when we sail on the Sun. We usually book at the back of the ship but decided to try it one time and absolutely loved it. The balcony is large - 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and the small table. Its like a suite but without the larger bathroom and of course, no butler or concierge. But for the price, you can't beat it. And there's 2 big upholstered chairs and a couch. And the desk has a great makeup mirror. One of the best kept secrets on the Sun!

And we weren't bothered by the motion of the ship at all. It does get windy when you're out in the open water, but its worth it for the amazing view.

Hi All,

I just placed a 48 hour hold on this room. It looks awesome, right next to the Star Suite. It’s in the front of the ship and looks like it has a huge balcony (does it?).

I know the front of the ship, high up, can be bumpy at times.....but I can't figure out why this room is only a BC and I got a such a good price on it.

I'll need to make a decision in 48 hours unless I can get the agent to hold it longer. (Can I? Another site I checked out held rooms 5 days.)

Thank you!

Checkout the pics. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=935987&highlight=sun+1002+pics

Also, forgot to tell you....

Since this cabin is above the bridge, you don't have to worry about keeping your shades drawn at night so your lights don't interfere with their navigation.

And we didn't hear any noise from above (the observation lounge) but that could also depend on the passengers on those particular cruises.

And the free sauna & steam room are right down the hall. My husband ended up using those larger showers when we were both getting ready at the same time. I would not do that:)

Hi All,

Thank you!

We had a forward mini-suite on the Sun in Jan. and loved it. The balcony fit 3 chairs very comfortably and was very comfortable to sit on even when the ship was at sea. The Sun is a great ship and if you haven't been on her before you will love her.

I will second (and third) the opinon of the other posters even though we don't sail in 1202 (same room - port side) until this fall. I did lots of looking on CC and the only complaints I could find about these rooms were:

1. That they used to be MORE expensive but when they uppriced the stern balconies - which used to be the lowest category, they downgraded these and now folks like me can afford them.

2. The wind. The wind on the balcony can be a bit strong but that is fine by me. Also, you have to be careful to not open the corridor door while the balcony door is open. It can literally carry your stuff out into the hall!

I will second (and third) the opinon of the other posters even though we don't sail in 1202 (same room - port side) until this fall. I did lots of looking on CC and the only complaints I could find about these rooms were:

1. That they used to be MORE expensive but when they uppriced the stern balconies - which used to be the lowest category, they downgraded these and now folks like me can afford them.

2. The wind. The wind on the balcony can be a bit strong but that is fine by me. Also, you have to be careful to not open the corridor door while the balcony door is open. It can literally carry your stuff out into the hall!

That is so true about the door!

Wow! :) Thank you so much everyone! The pictures are absolutely amazing! I gotta get one of my two friends to confirm in the next couple of days.....which I think I'll be able to do.....and I'm there! :D

Archived