Ladies, show me your cruise toes!

lucigo

Last cruise I saw so many pretty cruise pedicures, I want to do something really fun, and need some ideas!! I always take a cruise toes picture, but want something new! Show me yours!~

So many great pics!

I'm leaving for my first-ever cruise on Sunday (on the Carnival Fantasy, sailing from Charleston), so I went Saturday to get a pedicure. My bff gets her pedicures at this place where they do a great job, it lasts forever, and it's very reasonably priced, so I texted her to get the name of the place. Well, she decided we needed to turn it into a girls' day! So here's our toes…

7522282894_d0a56985af.jpg

Freshly pedicured toes! by Maid Mirawyn, on Flickr

I think it's funny that we all chose tropical flower designs. :) Mine are the red toes. I think the white flowers with the dark blue-black centers look like an old-school Hawaiian shirt! :D

So many great pics!

I'm leaving for my first-ever cruise on Sunday (on the Carnival Fantasy, sailing from Charleston), so I went Saturday to get a pedicure. My bff gets her pedicures at this place where they do a great job, it lasts forever, and it's very reasonably priced, so I texted her to get the name of the place. Well, she decided we needed to turn it into a girls' day! So here's our toes…

7522282894_d0a56985af.jpg

Freshly pedicured toes! by Maid Mirawyn, on Flickr

I think it's funny that we all chose tropical flower designs. :) Mine are the red toes. I think the white flowers with the dark blue-black centers look like an old-school Hawaiian shirt! :D

So very pretty....and I love the blue w/white flowers, too

'

I have totally done black or deep, deep purple on my toes when a nail or two has turned black from running or skiing. Ew.

A little off topic... but has anyone tried a gel pedicure yet? I'm tempted for May.

I have tried gel toenails. Did it for my wedding a few years ago. They looked really nice, but I am unsure if they would withstand a ton of activity. Imagine stubbing it and having the nail crack? That would be awful!!:eek:

ALSO - I love taking pics of my toes when I am on holidays. Its the only time I get them done professionally. This is a fantastic thread and I love all of the ideas!!!:D

I wore a lot of blue and turquoise on my last cruise, so I opted for a metallic turquoise polish, and I had fun taking photos of my toes in the various ports! I'm going to try to attach them here in the smaller format, I haven't been too successful at that previously.

1643036049_PortEvergladesToes.jpg.d52f8e36b6202f8dd78e876f823a423d.jpg

675037121_PrincessCaysToes.jpg.2b1c319f0dafc8b1277ac84f65f689df.jpg

2051822770_StThomasToes.jpg.3d2db30c2e041e827e5f4080b9ae0d3c.jpg

625967513_PinkSandtoes.jpg.02d8e77f99ce407e476261630446914e.jpg

1848524676_SailboatToes.jpg.bb0da8fc95fdbfd634b3a0fb0d275df9.jpg

In the past I have always done my mani/pedi myself and brought the polish with me to fix the chips (which are always worse on fingers, btw!)

But then a friend of mine introduced me to a product she sells called Jamberry Nail Shields. They are similar to the Sally Hansen ones you can get at the drugstore, but they are better quality. They're supposed to last up to 2 weeks on fingers and 6 weeks on toes. Ive had mine last 14 days on fingers (and Im a Dental Hygienist so Im constantly washing my hands / using cleaning solutions) and my toes are on 5 weeks today! :) I get TONS of compliments on them from random people... even had a car dealer ask me for my friends website so he could order for his daughter.

I have a long time before my next cruise :(, but Im trying to decide between these three for my nails. (Or maybe Ill even find something I like better by then?! They have something like 200 designs.)

If youre interested, www.albertahaught.jamberrynails.com

Patriotic Whimsical Swirl (which I bought specifically because they remind me of the Carnival logo)

Aloha Flower

Flip Flops

1855455369_JamberryPatrioticWhimsicalSwirl.jpg.4861cc23d40683e662dce712429a7e65.jpg

1898356569_JamberryAlohaFlower.jpg.44836fa4df0a72ac8856a91395a5f589.jpg

1941175776_JamberryFlipFlop.jpg.5e4d4b76e0ad6956319a25730ee7e70f.jpg

• 1 month later...
In the past I have always done my mani/pedi myself and brought the polish with me to fix the chips (which are always worse on fingers, btw!)

But then a friend of mine introduced me to a product she sells called Jamberry Nail Shields. They are similar to the Sally Hansen ones you can get at the drugstore, but they are better quality. They're supposed to last up to 2 weeks on fingers and 6 weeks on toes. Ive had mine last 14 days on fingers (and Im a Dental Hygienist so Im constantly washing my hands / using cleaning solutions) and my toes are on 5 weeks today! :) I get TONS of compliments on them from random people... even had a car dealer ask me for my friends website so he could order for his daughter.

I have a long time before my next cruise :(, but Im trying to decide between these three for my nails. (Or maybe Ill even find something I like better by then?! They have something like 200 designs.)

If youre interested, www.albertahaught.jamberrynails.com

Patriotic Whimsical Swirl (which I bought specifically because they remind me of the Carnival logo)

Aloha Flower

Flip Flops

I think I might order some of these as stocking stuffers for my daughters and myself :D Then I will have them for my cruise :D

I think I might order some of these as stocking stuffers for my daughters and myself :D Then I will have them for my cruise :D

That's ironic because I happened to look at the website just last night, since I havent checked it out in a while, and they have so many adorable new designs! I need to order more, myself! They even have a hockey design for you, hockeyluver!:D

If youre interested, http://www.albertahaught.jamberrynails.com

These are cool! I have used the Sally Hansen ones meant for fingernails on my toes. I can get two uses on my toes out of a pack meant for one use on fingernails. My 15 yo son asked me if I was having a mid-life crisis because I had pink polka dots on my toes!

If youre interested, http://www.albertahaught.jamberrynails.com

These are cool! I have used the Sally Hansen ones meant for fingernails on my toes. I can get two uses on my toes out of a pack meant for one use on fingernails. My 15 yo son asked me if I was having a mid-life crisis because I had pink polka dots on my toes!

I have used the sally ones but always had a prob when it came to cuttin/filing the extra, it was filing my nails down. Maybe I'm not doing them correctly but I loved the way they looked just not the application process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked at that website and they are really cute. How easy are they to apply and how long do they last? We are going on a cruise, followed by Disney World and they would look great to get some of the spooky ones for Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party!

Looked at that website and they are really cute. How easy are they to apply and how long do they last? We are going on a cruise, followed by Disney World and they would look great to get some of the spooky ones for Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party!

I LOVE the "Bright Bats!" The pumpkins and ghosts are cute, too :)

They're supposed to last up to 2 weeks on fingers and 6 weeks on toes. Ive had mine last 14 days on fingers (and Im a Dental Hygienist so Im constantly washing my hands / using cleaning solutions) and my toes are on 5 weeks today! :)

When I posted that message, it was after the second set I had applied to my fingers, first set on toes. There is definitely a learning curve (meaning the first set is usually not so great), but I think the 1st set on my fingers lasted 10 days, 14 days for 2nd set, 11 days for 3rd set. I took the first ones off my toes at 6 weeks. I removed them before they were actually ready to come off because they had grown out so much and looked silly. My second set are still on my toes from early August.

Theyre pretty easy to apply, and directions come with each sheet. For a better seal, they recommend you buff the nail first. You cut the shield in half and heat it with a hairdryer for abt 20 seconds (holding it with tweezers), then gently apply to the nail. They recommend you go around the edges with an orange wood stick to seal them down. Then file off the extra with an emery board.

(My personal tip: Occasionally, throughout the week, I will have lifting at the edges. I heat up my tweezers with my hairdryer and reseal the edges.)

Edited by sugaangel601