Ladies, show me your cruise toes!

lucigo

That's ironic because I happened to look at the website just last night, since I havent checked it out in a while, and they have so many adorable new designs! I need to order more, myself! They even have a hockey design for you, hockeyluver!:D

LOL awesome :p thanks, now i can only hope we have some hockey this year:(

In the past I have always done my mani/pedi myself and brought the polish with me to fix the chips (which are always worse on fingers, btw!)

But then a friend of mine introduced me to a product she sells called Jamberry Nail Shields. They are similar to the Sally Hansen ones you can get at the drugstore, but they are better quality. They're supposed to last up to 2 weeks on fingers and 6 weeks on toes. Ive had mine last 14 days on fingers (and Im a Dental Hygienist so Im constantly washing my hands / using cleaning solutions) and my toes are on 5 weeks today! :) I get TONS of compliments on them from random people... even had a car dealer ask me for my friends website so he could order for his daughter.

I have a long time before my next cruise :(, but Im trying to decide between these three for my nails. (Or maybe Ill even find something I like better by then?! They have something like 200 designs.)

If youre interested, www.albertahaught.jamberrynails.com

Patriotic Whimsical Swirl (which I bought specifically because they remind me of the Carnival logo)

Aloha Flower

Flip Flops

Oh my goodness, CC is costing me money again. :rolleyes:

I've haven't painted my toenails since I was a teenager and I'm now 48. After seeing these Jamberry things a couple of days ago, I clicked on the link and ordered some. :D The ones I bought are called autumn flowers or something similar. They don't look like fall colors to me, I just wanted something with both purple and red. Can't wait to get them.

LOL awesome :p thanks, now i can only hope we have some hockey this year:(

I keep saying the same thing! I bought black and gold argyle ones to wear sometime during hockey season...:(

Oh my goodness, CC is costing me money again. :rolleyes:

I've haven't painted my toenails since I was a teenager and I'm now 48. After seeing these Jamberry things a couple of days ago, I clicked on the link and ordered some. :D The ones I bought are called autumn flowers or something similar. They don't look like fall colors to me, I just wanted something with both purple and red. Can't wait to get them.

Autumn flowers are on my list for my next order. Please let us know how you like them! They are really great for toes, and look so cute! :)

Autumn flowers are on my list for my next order. Please let us know how you like them! They are really great for toes, and look so cute! :)

I will put up some pics after I get them and put them on. If I am impressed enough, I may put them on my fingers too. :)

I'm waiting for my Jamberrys to arrive too! I ordered white ones with little anchors on them for my cruise. =)

I thought those were really cute for a cruise. The only problem for me was they only came in blue, if I remember correctly. With most of my wardrobe being purple, pink, & red they were a no go.

Google Minx, this is the original professional version of all the spin offs you can buy in WG/WM etc. they have some great patterns and is the best quality out there. They are normally applied at the salon but they now do a retail version.

I have gold lightening on my toes at the minute but as I had that on last cruise I will change it up next week. All the Bahamam Mamas were shouting after me hey golden lady as it is very noticable when you have blingy toenails:o.

I only do Minx on my ring finger occasionally and matching color of Shellac on the others. I sometimes do this on my toenails too, big toe nail Minxed and the rest in a coordinating Shellac color. As another poster says you get so many random comments about it which is especially good for me being a walking advert for our services.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Excuse my ugly toes, but these are the Jamberry flip flops on wore on my Freedom cruise 2 weeks ago-

IMG_7771-1.jpg

How did you like them? I thought someone had posted my toes because thats what I have on mine right now!

I'm waiting for my Jamberrys to arrive too! I ordered white ones with little anchors on them for my cruise. =)
I thought those were really cute for a cruise. The only problem for me was they only came in blue, if I remember correctly. With most of my wardrobe being purple, pink, & red they were a no go.

I immediately thought they would be great for cruising too, of course! Too bad they werent white with blue or gold anchors!

I will put up some pics after I get them and put them on. If I am impressed enough, I may put them on my fingers too. :)

my friend's website. The blue anchors are at the top but the white ones are the last one on the page. I hope they arrive soon so I can try them out! I leave in 27 days!

http://kellybaas.jamberrynails.net/home/products.aspx?id=45

Here are my toes last year on a cruise. Nailpolish was very deep red with sparkles, even though in this photo the sparkles don't show up too well. Also on each big toe....I had a Rhinestone on the top corner on them.

IMG_8622_zpsb89fc327.jpg

Mona,

Remind me to check out you toes next time we are on the same ship! No Emerald this Dec!

Mona,

Remind me to check out you toes next time we are on the same ship! No Emerald this Dec!

HI Maria!

How ya been doing? Hey, Don and I are gonna be on the Grand Princess this Nov. for 14 days with Adelle (The Bun Mom) her DH, and Todd again. We should all have a great time. Too bad you aren't joining us. Adelle sure was sorry she never got to chat with you on the Emerald.

I love the idea of the rhinestone on my big toe and have been thinking about it for our upcoming cruise. Does it last as long as the polish? I am concerned with sand rubbing off any polish and or design.

luvscruising,

My two Rhinestones lasted for over a month. I got the Rhinestones put on my toes 2 days before we flew out to FL. Then we stayed with my DD and SIL in Miami for 5 days before our cruise. After the 1st cruise, which was 10 days I continued to stay with my DD and SIL in Miami for 4 days. Then she and I went on a 5 day cruise together...the Rhinestones were still hanging on my toes when I got home. I did have to be very careful re-painting my toes because I didn't want to get polish on the stones. But i just used some polish remover and they were all sparkling again. I am gonna get some more Rhinestones on my toes again this year before our 14 days cruise!:D

Edited by monakayk

Here are my toes last year on a cruise. Nailpolish was very deep red with sparkles, even though in this photo the sparkles don't show up too well. Also on each big toe....I had a Rhinestone on the top corner on them.

IMG_8622_zpsb89fc327.jpg

Very pretty!! Love the rhinestone idea! Can't decide what i want for my pedi before cruise in January so that gives me an idea!! I also love your sandals...can you tell me where you got them??

Very pretty!! Love the rhinestone idea! Can't decide what i want for my pedi before cruise in January so that gives me an idea!! I also love your sandals...can you tell me where you got them??

Thanks for the compliments. As for where I got my sandals....got them at WalMart.....but don't tell on me...:p.....cost me $6.00 including tax.:D

Thanks for the compliments. As for where I got my sandals....got them at WalMart.....but don't tell on me...:p.....cost me $6.00 including tax.:D

Great price and they look wonderful. I love looking in Walmart too. I brought a couple of flat shoes in bright colors about 3 years ago. I now wish I brought 10 pairs!

I am doing fine. Had shoulder surgery last month. A couple of other small health things . Say "hi" to Adelle and her DH. I hope you and Don are well.

Great price and they look wonderful. I love looking in Walmart too. I brought a couple of flat shoes in bright colors about 3 years ago. I now wish I brought 10 pairs!

I am doing fine. Had shoulder surgery last month. A couple of other small health things . Say "hi" to Adelle and her DH. I hope you and Don are well.

I hear ya, Maria!

I also wished now I had bought more of those sandals and put them up for the future. They are the most comfortable sandals I have ever had...great for walking around the port of calls!

So happy to hear you are doing well! I will tell Adelle, her DH you said hi.

Edited by monakayk

IMG_8622_zpsb89fc327.jpg

I love love love this color! I love it so much I ordered some polish that I hope is close!

• 4 weeks later...