11:50 a.m. out of FLL?

trish1c

We're just starting the planning / dreaming process.

The cruise we're considering is out of Ft. Lauderdale. I found a great airfare that leaves FLL at 11:50 a.m. I'm usually one of the 1st to post "there's a reason the cruise lines say not before noon". Invariably some one will say "we were at the AP by 9:30 a.m." blah, blah, blah. . .

I've never been to Ft. Lauderdale. What's the time to from the pier to the AP and the distance? Are there alternate routes or only 1 main road? What's traffic generally like on a Sunday morning in October (assuming no hurricanes)?

I'm really tempted to book this flight. What's 10 minutes after all? (she asks knowing that Q just threw the karma off kilter :eek: )

Thanks in advance.

Book it. We had a 11:30 flight last month and were at the airport before 9:30. You can get early disembark tags. The taxi's are right outside and for about 10.00 you will be there in 10 minutes or less. Last month there were 8 ships in port. We were the first called off. Went into the terminal where the luggage was, held a ten up, and asked for a porter. He got our bags and a taxi. Very quick.

On 3/13 the we were off the Millie at 940 to airport by 1015 and made our 1150 am flight no problem. I believe there were 12 ships in port. Alot of taxis around. We were in the 3rd group off the ship and the disembarkation was about 20 minutes late starting.

Archived