Room for 4 or ?

MickeyNicki

We are booked for our first family cruise in two weeks out of Mobile on the Elation. I booked through a travel agency. It is an ocean view room(M143). I was exploring the Carnival web site and looking at the deck plan and pulled up our room. It stated something to the effect of 3 something (can't remember now). I think it meant a max of 3 persons. It also stated 2 twin beds or pushed together to make a king and a pull down bed. Where is my other child supposed to sleep? I am VERY scared now that there will not be enough beds for the 4 of us. But why would they book us in this room? They know how many people are in the room. Any info. would be greatly appreciated as I am new to all this.

A roll away. Older ships allow roll aways, though it will be wall to wall beds.

I had a triple on Elation which the floor space is further decreased by the box in the corner.

This is a triple, see the bunk bed on the wall opposite the bed?

Picture062-2.jpg

We are booked for our first family cruise in two weeks out of Mobile on the Elation. I booked through a travel agency. It is an ocean view room(M143). I was exploring the Carnival web site and looking at the deck plan and pulled up our room. It stated something to the effect of 3 something (can't remember now). I think it meant a max of 3 persons. It also stated 2 twin beds or pushed together to make a king and a pull down bed. Where is my other child supposed to sleep? I am VERY scared now that there will not be enough beds for the 4 of us. But why would they book us in this room? They know how many people are in the room. Any info. would be greatly appreciated as I am new to all this.

.....but there might have been some other cabins that did not fill their max per cabin so they could fit an extra person in your cabin with a cot without going over the max capacity.

wasiii

OP here -- I haven't called the TA yet. I hate to bother her. I was just up there earlier this week having her do something else. We booked this room in January. So I am confused, how do they do the roll away bed? Bring it in each night? I just don't understand why they would book me in a room for 3 when there are obviously 4. I paid for 4 people.

Do NOT be afraid to bother your TA. That is what s/he is for!! :)

We actually had a roll-a-way on the Fantasy once. (We had 5 people--all boys in a room.) They bring it the first day and your steward puts it against the roll every day. It is tight--but our kids never complained. They really only slept there.

Call so you can relax.

PS---what is that box n the corner for??? Besides putting your stuff on it, why have it?

This happened to use once...also on the Elation. I even remember the cabin as E69 (I think)....they just brought in a cot for one of my daughters. For us it was no problem at all. My daughter actually preferred it. If I remember correctly -- but forgive me it was about 8 years ago -- one daughter slept on the couch that was turned into a bed and one was on the cot. They liked it because no one had to sleep on an upper --- while the air conditioner blew on them.

Thanks for all the information! As long as she has a bed, I don't really care what it is. I have two kids 7 and 10. I am not too worried about how crowded it will be. I know it will be and am prepared for that. We will spend very little time there, as my kids have to be on the go. Believe it or not we have three bathrooms at home and only one gets used. Everyone seems to have to be together, whether I want them there or not! :)

If you want a true cabin for 4- usually 2 twins, convertible couch, and 1 upper, just call your TA and ask for it.

Usually you have to book a OV on a newer ship or a balcony for that set up. OP is on a Fantasy class ship. You can see my picture .. thats all there is, nothing hidden. There is no space for a sofa.

OP the box has the muster jackets in it, storage.

There will be more walk around room if the twins are kept as twins.

By the ages of your children do not be surprised if you do not have a rollaway but a trundle. The trundle can be stored under the bed. Just make sure your luggage doesn't take up all the room under there.

We've had this same arrangement on the Paradise and survived.

Your TA wouldn't have been able to book this cabin for you without getting sleeping arrangements for 4. Call her now and confirm.

There will be more walk around room if the twins are kept as twins.

By the ages of your children do not be surprised if you do not have a rollaway but a trundle. The trundle can be stored under the bed. Just make sure your luggage doesn't take up all the room under there.

We've had this same arrangement on the Paradise and survived.

Your TA wouldn't have been able to book this cabin for you without getting sleeping arrangements for 4. Call her now and confirm.

I called my TA and she then called Carnival to confirm. They said they would bring in a roll away. Works for me, just glad to have enough beds! Thanks for everyone's help! I should have called TA in the beginning, but you all can provide much more detailed information and I appreciate that!

Archived