Bermuda beach/Swizzle ?

Zephyr Cruiser

My wife and I plan on making horseshoe beach our first stop then walk to Chaplin bay, Stonehole bay and Jobson's cove. Then finish off our beach stops at Warwick Long Bay. My question is how far is the 2nd location Swizzle Inn from Warwick Long Bay beach? Its in the same area so I hope its with in walking distance, please let me know any feedback you have.

The distance from Warwick Long Bay to the new Swizzle Inn on South Road is about 1.6 miles. This includes the distance of the WLB access road at the southwest end of the beach.

South Road does not have sidewalks or breakdown lanes to walk on, so be sure to walk facing traffic.

SBtS

My wife and I plan on making horseshoe beach our first stop then walk to Chaplin bay, Stonehole bay and Jobson's cove. Then finish off our beach stops at Warwick Long Bay. My question is how far is the 2nd location Swizzle Inn from Warwick Long Bay beach? Its in the same area so I hope its with in walking distance, please let me know any feedback you have.

Have you walked this before? Reason I am asking is, as SailBad already mentioned - there are no sidewalks and no real "shoulder" to stay clear of traffic. Please be careful...

Hi Zephyr,

Sailbad is right as usual (I swear he keeps an ordnance survey map of Bermuda about his person at all times).

Anyway, here's a map showing where the Swizzle II is in relation to Warwick Long Bay...

Swizzle.jpg

A little further than I'd care to walk, but then maybe you're younger and fitter than me!

Have Fun!

Thank you to all for the tips and feedback. If we decide not to walk from Warwick to Swizzle 2, is there a bus or cab that can take us? I know we are going to take the #7 special bus to Horseshoe but didn't know if there was a Warwick stop. After walking from Horseshoe to Warwick we might be tired of walking.

Thank you to all for the tips and feedback. If we decide not to walk from Warwick to Swizzle 2, is there a bus or cab that can take us? I know we are going to take the #7 special bus to Horseshoe but didn't know if there was a Warwick stop. After walking from Horseshoe to Warwick we might be tired of walking.

The # 7 bus will get you there.

Jumping in here -- and Good Morning All--- what would be the closest and user friendly beach to SI 1. We should be coming into St George (Veendam-tender) in September and would like to get to the original Sizzle this time around. If we can tie this up with a beach stop we wouldn't be unhappy. Any suggestions ? Thanks ~

Hi Zephyr,

Just a note for you - there are TWO exits from Warwick Long Bay. To get to the Bus Stop to catch the bus to the Swizzle, you'll need to read the park sign at the road where you come out.

The farthest one along reads " South Shore Park - Warwick Long Bay". In this case, you'll turn LEFT and go 150 yards along the road to find the bus stop (the really bright pink pole on the other side of the road).

If the sign says "Warwick Long Bay Playground", turn RIGHT and go along round the corner for 50 yards. Again, the pink pole will be on the other side of the road.

When you've done at the Swizzle, there is a bright blue pole on the other side of the road. That's the bus stop that will take you back to Dockyard.

Have Fun!

Hi Zephyr,

For the sake of completeness, there is a third exit from Warwick Long Bay, right at the start of it, coming from the West. It's a road that comes all the way down to the beach. The Sign at the top says "Warwick Long Bay / Jobson's Cove". If you're there, the nearest bus stop is LEFT, 100 yards.

Have Fun!

Salt air hair asked: ....what would be the closest and user friendly beach to SI 1?....

I think the closest beach is Shelly Bay. It is located about 2.5 miles from the original Swizzle Inn and on a #10 or #11 bus route.

Here is a YouTube video of SB:

SBtS

Salt air hair asked: ....what would be the closest and user friendly beach to SI 1?....

I think the closest beach is Shelly Bay. It is located about 2.5 miles from the original Swizzle Inn and on a #10 or #11 bus route.

Here is a YouTube video of SB:

SBtS

They could do that. Also John Smith's Bay. Or go back to St. George and do Tobacco Bay since they are going to be returning to St George to tender back to the Veendam.

Thanks to SailBad & Charles ~ Appreciate your help here and with the bus sched's. The plan is actually to meet up with the ship in Hamilton and to avoid the late rush back to the tender. Well, that's the plan, what actually happens is a whole 'nother story :eek:

Archived