Roll Call Silver Shadow 10/17/2011

flyhi120

Hi

We will be on 3127 and 3128. But have as yet not received any notice of the loss of a port be see it has changed on the web site. Will try to find somewhere nice to dine out in Singapore. (Any suggestions?)

Regards

John & Joy

Hi

We will be on 3127 and 3128. But have as yet not received any notice of the loss of a port be see it has changed on the web site. Will try to find somewhere nice to dine out in Singapore. (Any suggestions?)

Regards

John & Joy

Never having been on this cruise line, we plan on dining there. We were on a 30 day cruise on Azamara over Christmas and spent a couple of days in Singapore, a beautiful, clean, modern city. We decided on this Silverseas cruise because the ship has been on my bucket list and we have never been to Indonesia. Pattie and Tom

John and Joy, my partner and I will be on 3127 with you and will be spending the night in Singapore before flying home the next morning. So we're interested in Singapore restaurant recommendations as well! Look forward to meeting you on board.

• 3 weeks later...

icon1.gifSilver Shadow Oct 17, 2011 port change

The Silversea's changed the 2 nights in Singpore back to one night in Singapore and the second night in Banka Island. My travel agent just informed me of this. Now we depart Singapore at 6PM on October 17th.

Stay tuned, who knows when they will change it again. Also I have not gotten any cruise package from them yet. Has anyone???

Pattie

progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

flyhi120View Public ProfileFind all posts by flyhi120Add flyhi120 to Your Contacts

Hi. My wife and I are also on this cruise, Singapore to Singapore.

You mentioned one night in Singapore, but it is my understanding that we board on the 17th and sail on the 17th.

We arrive early a.m. on the 15th and are staying on Orchard Rd.

Also, someone mentioned the Yogyakarta excursioin. I had the same problem and was concerned this close to the deadline. Try calling Silverseas directly. I was only able to get as far as the wait list online, but the program was wide open when I phoned in. Mid-Voyage Land Adventures must be paid in advance to reserve your place. We are really looking forward to that segment of the trip.

No cruise package here yet either.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Singapore. Kingster

Hi. My wife and I are also on this cruise, Singapore to Singapore.

You mentioned one night in Singapore, but it is my understanding that we board on the 17th and sail on the 17th.

We arrive early a.m. on the 15th and are staying on Orchard Rd.

Also, someone mentioned the Yogyakarta excursioin. I had the same problem and was concerned this close to the deadline. Try calling Silverseas directly. I was only able to get as far as the wait list online, but the program was wide open when I phoned in. Mid-Voyage Land Adventures must be paid in advance to reserve your place. We are really looking forward to that segment of the trip.

No cruise package here yet either.

You are right the ship now leaves at 6PM on the day we board for Banka Island. They changed this 2x so I was a tad confused.

Pattie

All sounds good you guys. I am glad the ship is leaving on the 17th. We had already planned enough time before and after the cruise vs. spend an extra night in port!

We made our own hotel arrangements prior to sailing. Everyone else in various locations or did you all book your hotel through SS ?

K

All sounds good you guys. I am glad the ship is leaving on the 17th. We had already planned enough time before and after the cruise vs. spend an extra night in port!

We made our own hotel arrangements prior to sailing. Everyone else in various locations or did you all book your hotel through SS ?

K

I am glad it is leaving on the 17th also. We will be staying 2 nights at the Conrad Hilton, we used Hilton points, before the cruise

Pattie

Dear Pattie: For what it's worth, I will get the conversation going by telling you what we decided. Java -We booked SGR-DD (2 days) from Semarang to visit Borobudur/ Yogyakarta over Java on the Wild Side, SGR-DE (3 days). DD sounded more like what we were interested in incl. the overnight at the Hyatt Regency. DE seemed a little more rugged with the sunrise visit to Mt. Bromo. We will probably take the seperate tour directly to Mt. Bromo on the 22nd from Probolingo .PRB-A

Bali was a tough one with two ports and a fair number of choices at each. Most of the offerings, with the exception of the Elephant Safari, had various elements that we were interested in! Difficult to pick, so we made our own plan. On the 23rd the ship basically relocates from Tanah Ampo to Benoa, a fairly short distance. We did some research and found our own guide to take us for both days with an overnight in Ubud so we could pack as much in as possible. Had that not panned out, we probably would have opted for a pvt. tour one of the two days in order to pick and choose.

I want to say that there is nothing cooler than an elephant, and the safari came highly recommended by a Silverseas operator who's been there. The safari web site says the elephants were all rescued from Sumatra starting in 1997, but I'm thinking I would rather see them on a preserve.

I understand that Jakarta is very cosmopolitan with limited touristy points of interest. Crystal ball says that JKT-B may be the ticket, but we are open to suggestions.

There are a lot of stops considering this is a 14 day cruise-only 3 sea days, I think. I am not sure how good a job we did with our choices, but fingers are crossed. When all else fails, get out the dart board!

K

Well, so far we have signed up for the Komodo Dragons and Fabled Borodoro...we may do the Elephant Safari and Mt Bromo in Prolingo. To tell you the truth some of these tours are giving me sticker shock.

Pattie

• 1 month later...

Archived