Transfter + 1st Night Hotel

Stu K

Hi guys not found the answer on here my appologies if i have mised it.

Got Cruise booked with princess ,hotel and transfers . My question is dose the main bag go straight to port or do you take them to the hotel?

Thanks in advance.

Stu K

Got Cruise booked with princess ,hotel and transfers . My question is dose the main bag go straight to port or do you take them to the hotel?

Thanks in advance.

Stu K

We did a park and cruise last month at Chilworth Manor and you take all your luggage to the hotel and then with you to the ship. At least that way you know it's on the ship.

Hi Stu

Are you flying to Miami? - if so then you will take your luggage off the carousel after clearing customs and go through the airport where the Princess reps are waiting and who will then direct you to a coach which will take you to an hotel. Usually Intercontinental Doral. Your luggage remains with you until the following morning when they reload it into the coach to take you to the Pier. You identify it off the coach at that point and then hand it over to one of the Porters who takes it quayside and it's then loaded onto the ship and will appear outside your stateroom a couple of hours later.

Hope this helps, we've done this many times so please ask if there is anything else I can help with.

Have a great cruise.:)

Our bags have always gone to the hotel with us and then on the coach to the ship with us except in Japan where the bags were transferred in vans to the hotel and collected the next day by the vans to be taken to the ship.

Stu, you'll pick up your bags at the airport and then look for the Princess rep. Depending on when you arrive, you may be gathered up with other cruisers and taken to a motor coach. Or if you arrive at the airport and there aren't other cruisers arriving, you may be put into a taxi (all paid by Princess, including the tip) and taken to the hotel. Either way, all your luggage will be with you at this point and will be until the morning you go to the ship. You'll receive instructions about when to have your bags ready outside your hotel room, similar to the last night of the cruise. Your luggage is picked up, tranferred to the ship and then delivered to your cabin. I've actually had the luggage beat me to the ship (one time only). Normally it arrives within a few hours of my boarding.

I personally like the Princess transfers as it is convenient and I'm not schlepping bags around. I get to relax and start enjoying the cruise as soon as I'm onboard. The hotel/transfer may be a bit more expensive, but hey, I'm on vacation!

Hope this helps.

Joel

We have had pre-cruise hotel stays booked through Princess in Rome and Athens. Our luggage went with us to the hotel and then was transferred to the ship when we checked out of the hotel. We didn't have to handle the luggage ourselves.

Thanks in advance.

Stu K

When we have flown into Miami from the UK, we claim our luggage, meet the Princess Rep at Miami airport and put the luggage next to the awaiting coach as directed by the Princess Rep. Then we hop on the coach, keeping a watchful eye on our cases from the window, and once the driver has loaded the luggage and has enough passengers, we head off to the Intercontinental West Miami (all part of the package deal) for our 1 night pre-cruise stay.

You are given coloured lengths of wool to attach to each piece of luggage and then in the morning place your luggage in the relevant holding area outside the hotel (under cover) and await your transport / transfer to the ship in FLL.......not far, about 30 - 40 mins drive.

We will be doing exactly the same routine next Feb.

Pete.

Thanks guys for infomation. Last time we sailed princes we taged or 1st cruise on to another week of holiday/vacation.

Yest is intercontinental west miami. Looks nice.

regards stu

Hi There

On the opposite side of the road there are a few places were you can get something to eat there is a sports bar as well.

If you need supplies turn left out of hotel and turn left and walk 15mins and you will get to a walmart

yours Shogun

Hi There

On the opposite side of the road there are a few places were you can get something to eat there is a sports bar as well.

If you need supplies turn left out of hotel and turn left and walk 15mins and you will get to a walmart

yours Shogun

Shogun......i think that is one too many left turns.

We turned left out of the hotel, then crossed the road at the lights (almost getting knocked down, and getting a hard stare from a passing police patrol), and then walked the 15 mins down the road to get to Walmart.

We walked there for breakfast then bought some Purex 3 in 1 sheets for our laundry onboard prior to getting on our Cabana coach around noonish back at the hotel.

The Intercontinental West Miami is a nice hotel, but expensive to eat at the Armillary Grill onsite.

Pete.

Clocked the wall mart on google earth handy if we forget somthing! Also we like chillies South West Egg Rolls one there as well.

Is there a side walk/path to wall mart?

Regards stu

Clocked the wall mart on google earth handy if we forget somthing! Also we like chillies South West Egg Rolls one there as well.

Is there a side walk/path to wall mart?

Regards stu

Yes, once you cross that first main road it is plain sailing (no pun intended). A steady stroll on the pavement all the way to Walmart.

Pete

Our bags have always gone to the hotel with us and then on the coach to the ship with us except in Japan where the bags were transferred in vans to the hotel and collected the next day by the vans to be taken to the ship.

Apparently, Japanese porters don't expect tips.

Nor Rome and Athens. :p

Archived