Questions about Happy Dolphin Hour Offer - Dolphin Royal Swim and Swim Adventure

msbmommy99

DH, myself, and our sons (11 and 6) are cruising on the Carnival Inspiration in September 2011. We want to swim with the dolphins but cannot afford to pay almost $500.00 for the 4 of us to do this excursion.

I found a website that is offering buy one get one (Royal Swim or Swim Adventure) for $1.00 at Chankanaab National Park. Is this a scam? The website is https://www.dolphins-cozumel.com/. The price per person is $129.00 for the Royal Swim or $99.00 for the Swim Adventure. If the promotion is legitimate we would pay $260.00 instead of $460.00 with the cruise line. I don't want to give my credit card information if this is a scam. Anyone ever booked through this company? What kind of experience did you have? Also, I am worried about the age minimum. Can my 6 year old participate?

Also, we will want pictures of this. How much do the pictures cost at Chankanaab National Park? Can you try to talk them down on the price?

Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

DH, myself, and our sons (11 and 6) are cruising on the Carnival Inspiration in September 2011. We want to swim with the dolphins but cannot afford to pay almost $500.00 for the 4 of us to do this excursion.

I found a website that is offering buy one get one (Royal Swim or Swim Adventure) for $1.00 at Chankanaab National Park. Is this a scam? The website is https://www.dolphins-cozumel.com/. The price per person is $129.00 for the Royal Swim or $99.00 for the Swim Adventure. If the promotion is legitimate we would pay $260.00 instead of $460.00 with the cruise line. I don't want to give my credit card information if this is a scam. Anyone ever booked through this company? What kind of experience did you have? Also, I am worried about the age minimum. Can my 6 year old participate?

Also, we will want pictures of this. How much do the pictures cost at Chankanaab National Park? Can you try to talk them down on the price?

Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I saw the same thing on their website and searched this forum for more info. It's a legit company.

Below is the link I used to read about reviews and info! If the link doesn't work follow the instructions I listed below. Matter of Fact you can check out all of the ports your ship will be visiting.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=22949860

On the Cruise Critic website scroll down to

"PORTS OF CALL" > "CARIBBEAN" > "COZUMEL"

Once you're in the Cozumel section go to the right (across from "NEW THREAD" and click on the "SEARCH THIS FORUM" down arrow. Type in Dolphin Royal Swim and Swim Adventure.

We also want to do the dolphin excursion. If I could book it throught the park it was 195.00 and through Carnival it was 380.00. They told me they have a contract with Carnival and if you come in on a cruise ship you cannot book it directly, you can only book through the cruise lines. I was so dissappointed. I think we are going to settle for the swim and lunch one at 129.00 pp, however, i just discovered that is not at Chankanaab park. I tried to book online and when I answered the ? about arrival I was denied, they wanted a hotel name that I was staying at to book it direct. Good Luck to you and let me know if you find out anything different.

We also want to do the dolphin excursion. If I could book it throught the park it was 195.00 and through Carnival it was 380.00. They told me they have a contract with Carnival and if you come in on a cruise ship you cannot book it directly, you can only book through the cruise lines. I was so dissappointed. I think we are going to settle for the swim and lunch one at 129.00 pp, however, i just discovered that is not at Chankanaab park. I tried to book online and when I answered the ? about arrival I was denied, they wanted a hotel name that I was staying at to book it direct. Good Luck to you and let me know if you find out anything different.

I have read on CC that you need put down another cruise line that will be in port the same day. :D

We did the Royal Swim directly with Dolphin Discovery a few years back when we were on the Carnival Triumph. I just looked and it looks like three people for the royal swim would be about 300. They had a discount right on their site, not sure when you are going. We did the one at Chakkanaub, I think we still had to pay the entrance fee, but the place was worth it.

My kids and nieces still talk about that excursion to this day... It was by far one of the most wonderful excursions we ever did.

I just may do it again in September.

Kathy

Chakanab Dolphin Discovery does have the "Happy Hour" BOGO, but it is for the 3:30 session only (their time.) You can go directly to the Park website and see it. For all their session times, if you book so many days out (30? 60?) you also can get a certain percentage off. I asked some questions via their live chat, and then the woman told me if I let her do my ressie, she would give me 25% off. Score!

Archived