Bringing candy on Board

Harbie

You can bring on the cookies. Just pack them in an airtight plastic container and put them in your carryon bag.:D We bring treats with us all the time. Have you checked the price of a candybar onboard the ship lately!:eek:

Is it possible to bring home made cookies on board? One of my sons has some allergies and would love some cookies to snack on but I'm not quite sure how to bring them on board. I'll bring some almonds and Pringles for myself of course! And probably some candy too....:)

Absolutely. You just cannot take them off the ship in ports.

I am sure you are all being kind with giving goodie bags and candy to staff but it all sounds so strange to me.:confused:

Kind of treating them like little kids/patronizing.

Would you give candy to maids if you stay in a hotel on land?

If I stayed in that same hotel for as long as I'm on a cruise ship (7 to 15 days at a time) and had the same maid every day---then yes I certainly would. And I would leave a tip for her too!

Not the same thing at all IMHO.

I love the new Hersheys candies. We took 4 bags of York Peppermint, Reeses Peanut Butter, Minitures and I forget the fourth bag. We also brought 3 cans of Pringles. Had enough snacks for the whole cruise. All in my checked luggage.

On my first cruise ever, I brought a lot of candies and snacks on, like Pringles, Reese's peanut butter cups, etc. I quickly learned that you don't really need all that and leave most of it home now! The only thing that is a must for me now is honey-roasted peanuts, as it's next to impossible to find onboard in good enough quantities, and it's different enough from other fare that you just have to have them. :p

Great idea, those cabin stewards work so hard.....I will remember to bring a bag of candy, sometime the smallest things can make someone happy

That's why you leave the tip on and don't remove it. They are doing there job. Do you take out candy to your mailman, your cashier at the grocery store, your doctor, your airline pilot,ect.... :confused:

I am sure you are all being kind with giving goodie bags and candy to staff but it all sounds so strange to me.:confused:

I so agree with you, it is so patronizing and they don't get it.

IMO giving Candy isn't patronizing and sure I'd give candy to the mailman or a doctor etc.. why not? Being thoughtful is never a bad thing. I work in while collar career and people bring me tiny, inexpensive, gifts such as candy from time to time and I don't find it patronizing at all. Even if I don't want the gift... I think it was sure nice of them to think of me. I also agree that money is the best tip, but a little chocolate is a nice additional gift.

Yes, it sounds strange to me too. Of course they are going to appear to be appreciative because that is part of their job.

Give them extra cash to see a genuine reaction.

We were in Progreso on Valentine's Day, and I had brought Spanish conversation hearts for my group and shared extra boxes with the cabin steward, the group coordinator, and the A/V person. (We were leading a group cruise.) One of them smiled and thanked me, saying it was probably the only Valentine she'd get!

On the idea of bringing things for the cabin stewards, I usually bring a stack of women's magazines and a few paperbacks - and give them to the stewards at the end of the cruise. Our steward once told us that they don't get much reading material, and that she would pass them around among the crew - after she had read them, she said with a grin!

Archived