Hyatt Summerfield Suites or Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale?

kaykels

We are flying into West Palm and our plane lands at 11 am. We are renting a car so we won't have to worry about walking anywhere. We are driving to FLL since we are cruising out of PE, and wondering which hotel is better? There are 4 of us sharing a room and both offer suites.

I can get roughly the same rate on each. Which one is nicer? We will probably go find something fun to do near a beach then head back to our hotel. Both have a managers cocktail hour and breakfast in the morning, and I don't need shuttles since I have car.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Many people choose the ES because it's a great hotel in a location where you don't need a car to go do stuff (although it's not near the beach). The Summerfield Suites is a pretty new hotel, and is across from the Oakwood Plaza which has many dining and shopping options. Easy access to Dania and Hollywood beaches from there as well. I would check whether the ES charges for parking, as some of the hotels in that area do. You probably pick up some highway noice at the Summerfield Suites, since I-95 is right there, although the Hyatt Place is between the highway and hotel, so that should shield it somewhat.

I would probably lean to the ES if rates are similar (and try to get a room on the south or east side to see the port if high enough), but since you don't sound like you are planning to spend a ton of time at the hotel anyway, I can't see a downside to either.

Embassy Suites will be closer to the action at the Fort Lauderdale beach if you are planning on going there and is right next to the port. They do charge for parking each night, some where around $10.

Embassy Suites will have the evening happy hour 7 days per week where the Summerfield suites doesn't have it on Friday and Saturday nights.

We've stayed at Embassy Suites quite a bit but after our last time there, we've decided to make a change because some of the rooms really need to be re-done. A few months ago the first room they put us in had stains on the rug and the sofa and was really showing it's wear in the bedroom. I asked to change the room, which they did. The 2nd room was better but still was really showing it's wear.

it's a great hotel however and we've always enjoyed our stays there.

I can't comment on the Summerfield suites because I won't be staying there until November!

We prefer Summerfield Suites when 4 of us travel together as they have a 2 bedroom unit with a king in one bedroom and a queen bed in the other bedroom. Their rooms are more like a cozy apartment with full kitchen, free internet and their happy hour serves heavy appetizers which is more like a light dinner. Also, less chaotic when checking out. We have never had a problem with freeway noise.

We are flying into West Palm and our plane lands at 11 am. We are renting a car so we won't have to worry about walking anywhere. We are driving to FLL since we are cruising out of PE, and wondering which hotel is better? There are 4 of us sharing a room and both offer suites.

I can get roughly the same rate on each. Which one is nicer? We will probably go find something fun to do near a beach then head back to our hotel. Both have a managers cocktail hour and breakfast in the morning, and I don't need shuttles since I have car.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Summerfield Suites is much newer and nicer. The 1 and 2 bedroom suites have 2 full bathrooms and a full kitchen. Parking is free at Summerfield Suites but they charge at Embassy Suites.

The only thing the Embassy Suites might have over the Summerfield is a little sexier location on 17th St, but with a car that advantage is negated.

You probably pick up some highway noice at the Summerfield Suites, since I-95 is right there, although the Hyatt Place is between the highway and hotel, so that should shield it somewhat.

That would be a big neg-a-tory on the highway noise there Dan. It's very quiet and peaceful outside and in.

That would be a big neg-a-tory on the highway noise there Dan. It's very quiet and peaceful outside and in.

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind for future bookings.

No comparison between the two - we've stayed at both and while HS was nice, its nothing compared to ES. ES has a better location, far more dining options, a great breakfast, including cook to order items, manager's reception every night with snacks and an open bar, a beautiful atrium and you can see some of the ships in port from some of the windows. ES is a little more pricy, but we book our room through Princess, so the transfers are included and we end up with a great deal and a great start to our cruise.

No comparison between the two - we've stayed at both and while HS was nice, its nothing compared to ES. ES has a better location, far more dining options, a great breakfast, including cook to order items, manager's reception every night with snacks and an open bar, a beautiful atrium and you can see some of the ships in port from some of the windows. ES is a little more pricy, but we book our room through Princess, so the transfers are included and we end up with a great deal and a great start to our cruise.

I agree there is no comparison, but that is where the agreement ends. I think you are confusing the Hyatt Summerfield Suites with the Hyatt Place South, though.

The OP will have a rental and the ES charges for parking while the SS does not.

With a car the OP has far more (and better) dining options than the few overpriced restaurants near the ES.

The SS has TWO separate Bedrooms and TWO FULL BATHROOMS and a full kitchen as a bonus. Since there are 4 people in their group I think the extra bathroom trumps any perceived advantage of the ES.

I agree there is no comparison, but that is where the agreement ends. I think you are confusing the Hyatt Summerfield Suites with the Hyatt Place South, though.

With a car the OP has far more (and better) dining options than the few overpriced restaurants near the ES.

The SS has TWO separate Bedrooms and TWO FULL BATHROOMS and a full kitchen as a bonus. Since there are 4 people in their group I think the extra bathroom trumps any perceived advantage of the ES.

Thanks for all the replies. But now I"M confused. I don't think its called Hyatt Place South. This is the name of the location according to the website:

Hyatt Summerfield Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South Address 90 Southwest 18th Avenue

Dania Beach (Florida), FL 33004

United States of America

Is that the hotel you all are talking about? I don't see 2 BR suites on the site but they definitely have 1 BR suites. Or maybe the 2 BR's are booked? Or we are talking about different hotels.

HELP!

Thanks!!!

Thanks for all the replies. But now I"M confused. I don't think its called Hyatt Place South. This is the name of the location according to the website:

Hyatt Summerfield Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South Address 90 Southwest 18th Avenue

Dania Beach (Florida), FL 33004

United States of America

Is that the hotel you all are talking about? I don't see 2 BR suites on the site but they definitely have 1 BR suites. Or maybe the 2 BR's are booked? Or we are talking about different hotels.

HELP!

Thanks!!!

I am talking about the Hyatt Summerfield Suites which shares a cul-de-sac with the Hyatt Place South.

Yes, they definitely have 2 BR suites so if they are not showing up then they are probably booked for your dates as of now. Keep checking back, though.

Even the 1 BR suites have two bathrooms and all of their rooms/suites have sofa sleepers and a full kitchen.

I would check the Springhill Suites, which is in the same block as the Summerfield Suites, to see if they have 2 bedroom suites at that location, and also the Homewood Suites, which is one or two exits north on 95 as they have 2 bedroom suites as well.

Even the 1 BR suites have two bathrooms and all of their rooms/suites have sofa sleepers and a full kitchen.

The 1BR suite dont all have two BR, Im not sure any of them do, I know the 3 times I stayed there the 1BR didnt have 2 BA.

Where exactly would they put it?:confused:

I would check the Springhill Suites, which is in the same block as the Summerfield Suites, to see if they have 2 bedroom suites at that location, and also the Homewood Suites, which is one or two exits north on 95 as they have 2 bedroom suites as well.

The SpringHill Suites does not have 2 BR suites. They technically don't have a separate bedroom at all, only a half wall divider between the beds (one king or two queens) and the sitting area.

Cool!! They were all priceline wins, so never knew they had so many different room categories.

From Summerfield Suites room description...

The studio suite is a large, open room with a spacious living area that is divided by a contemporary wood wall housing the flat screen HDTV, which swivels to face either the living area or bedroom area.

Our one-bedroom suite gives you plenty of privacy - plus space to spread out and relax. In addition to the separate bedroom with its own bath, walk-in closet and TV, we offer a living area with sofa, TV and DVD player, as well as a fully-equipped kitchen. The suite also has a dedicated work space, including a full-size desk, dual-line phone, voice mail and complimentary high-speed internet access.

For even more space - our two-bedroom suite is the perfect solution. Each bedroom has its own bathroom, closet, TV, phone and private voice mailbox. The shared living area is equipped with a sofa, TV and DVD player and a fully-equipped kitchen. And we can even bill each room separately, if it's more convenient.

Trust me I'm not confused. I double checked. Its hard to forget a hotel that doesn't have a restaurant in it causing my DH to have to walk through the McDonald's drive thru because our flight was delayed and we didn't get to the hotel and checked in until midnight.

That having been said, the parking issue may be the deal breaker for the OP, which is up to them.

Overall, we had a better experience with Embassy Suites, hopefully the OP picks what's best for them and don't encounter any issues to spoil the start of their cruise.

Trust me I'm not confused. I double checked. Its hard to forget a hotel that doesn't have a restaurant in it causing my DH to have to walk through the McDonald's drive thru because our flight was delayed and we didn't get to the hotel and checked in until midnight.

That having been said, the parking issue may be the deal breaker for the OP, which is up to them.

Overall, we had a better experience with Embassy Suites, hopefully the OP picks what's best for them and don't encounter any issues to spoil the start of their cruise.

I don't know of very many hotels that have restaurants that are open until or after midnight, ES included. Besides, I make it a point to not eat in a hotel restaurant unless it's my only option.

Archived