Westin Ft Lauderdale?

aggiejade

I need some input on the Westin Ft Lauderdale. Will be staying for 2 days before our cruise out of POM. My brother lives in Margate but I can't depend on him for letting us stay with him as he is a pilot for a charter company and he could get called to fly anywhere at any time 24/7.

Are there restaurants/fast food places or shopping really close by and can anybody tell me which ones?

Is it a nice, safe area?

Does anyone know if free shuttle from FLL airport to hotel?

Nice pool area?

Any info and opinions are greatly appreciated!

I can get rates of $59-$69 for this Westin if I book by midnight tonight.

Thanks, Nina

that's a good price...

there are some things around....and there is a starbucks in one building....i think you'd have maybe a 2-3 block walk at minimum to get anywhere.....

i stayed there...the bathroom is weird...it's partly open to the room...hard to explain.

there are 2 towers, and IMO it was a little annoying to walk to the one tower...as everything was located in the other.

they ONLY have valet parking and it can take FOREVER to get your car...

it was clean and comfy, and for the price you can get it is worth it......

the pool was fairly nice and they had a bar there, plus you could order food.....

all in all, while i wouldn't stay there again, it wasn't horrible...the layout just bugged me, as did the valet only parking, and the eternal wait for your car....however, if i got it for that price, well..i could be persuaded...

I need some input on the Westin Ft Lauderdale. Will be staying for 2 days before our cruise out of POM. My brother lives in Margate but I can't depend on him for letting us stay with him as he is a pilot for a charter company and he could get called to fly anywhere at any time 24/7.

Are there restaurants/fast food places or shopping really close by and can anybody tell me which ones?

Is it a nice, safe area?

Does anyone know if free shuttle from FLL airport to hotel?

Nice pool area?

Any info and opinions are greatly appreciated!

I can get rates of $59-$69 for this Westin if I book by midnight tonight.

Thanks, Nina

Are you sure it's not the Westin at 400 Corporate Blvd?

Addendum...

Nice pool deck and walking trail with herds of iguanas everywhere. If you have a car then Lauderdale By the Sea is not far away, but nothing is within walking distance. I would not stay there for two days without a car.

It's a corporate location located next to two huge corporate office buildings. Although they charge for parking, I used to park at the far office building where they don't monitor the parking lot (not the one next to the hotel).

Look at the hotels on Stirling Rd just east of I95. Many of them have free airport shuttles, and there is a big shopping center and a few restaurants in Oakwood Plaza right by there. This is really close to the airport. Some of the hotels there are: Hampton Inn FLL south, Hyatt Place south, Hilton Garden Inn, Summerfield Suites, Homewood Suites, Comfort Inn. The area is relatively safe. They aren't going to be as nice as the Westin though. Maybe you could stay at the Westin and rent a car for the same price as the Stirling Rd area hotels. The Westin is no more than 15 minutes from Margate.

Archived