pre booking Carnival Excursions

Cozzette2

I pre booked a Carnival excursion for Belize today and I was surprised that I was charged automatically. Is there a way to reserve and have it billed to your on board credit or just have it as a reservation without paying?

I want to get all my group reserved but some aren't ready to pay yet.

Thank you, Kris

I pre booked a Carnival excursion for Belize today and I was surprised that I was charged automatically. Is there a way to reserve and have it billed to your on board credit or just have it as a reservation without paying?

Thank you, Kris

Carnival's policy is to charge you when you book. The only way to have it on your onboard account is to wait until you board to book it.

Thank you, Kris

Not that I know of.

The thing is that if you get on-board and change your mind, they will accommodate your wishes. At least they did with me.

Well, I guess it is just one less thing to have to pay for later. I am actually trying to pre pay as much as I can before we cruise. I was just surprised that it wasn't just a reservation but an actual payed for excursion.

Kris

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I guess it is just one less thing to have to pay for later. I am actually trying to pre pay as much as I can before we cruise. I was just surprised that it wasn't just a reservation but an actual payed for excursion.

Kris

I can understand their thinking. If you did not need to pay now, what is to stop a group from reserving every excursion until they decide what they want to do. Not very fair to the other passengers

We haven't cruised on Carnival for years and have always just reserved

excursions on Princess and paid on board. I was surprised too that you

pay for excursions prior to boarding... I wonder what other differences

there are between Princess and Carnival? ;)

RCL also if you prebook excursions, you pay.

I have a lot of OBC my next cruise and its driving me nuts to wait to book my excursions.

Where is tom and cheryl. He could do a comparison from cruiseline to cruiseline which ones other than princess allow you to prebook without paying. (I dont know, are there others?)

Archived