Best time of year to cruise to Hawaii

nice'n'neat

Is weather bad in October?

We want to take a 14 day--maybe on Princess--good price..but we are from New England--not sure about weather on west coast in fall nor Hawaii..47

I have traveled to Hawaii at different times of the year both while in the military and my current job. We also have a time share there. I have never really experienced bad weather while in those beautiful islands. Travel there tends to be heaviest in winter because it is colder on the mainland during those months.

I have never been able to take a cruise (ours in March had to be cancelled due to work) to Hawaii from Los Angeles but from the boards, people have said the 1st day or two going out can get a little chilly in the winter months then it gets warmer as you get to the islands. I wouldn't hesitate booking at an time they sail.:)

Larry

Jan,Feb will have the most whales in the islands. We go to Hawaii (mostly Maui) once a year (live on the West coast) and while October, etc is fine...........we like to escape our crappy weather and will go Nov - Feb.

I did the Hawaii 14 day out of Los Angeles in 2009 and 2010 late October on Princess. Weather was great, just a bit cool (sweater not jacket) and windy the first two days at sea and the last two days back. :D

Archived