Am I asking for trouble?

josie724

You're dealing with Mother Nature, so no answer is going to be set in stone. However, September is still hurricane season ... so there could be tropical disturbances in the south Atlantic that could cause some rock and roll on your journey. Of course, seas could be very slight or smooth. Just be prepared.

As previously stated, September is the absolute peak of Atlantic hurricane season and therefore a more likely time for rough seas. Check with your doctor, but in my opinion Bonine works well and does not have as many side effects as the patch or other drugs. I think the ship provides Bonine at the front desk in rough seas, but I always take my own.

I have taken five cruises from NYC to Bermuda and without exception the first night at sea has been a bit to moderate to rough. On the other hand on returning from Bermuda I have had two last days when the sea was so flat you could skip a stone across.

The newer ships today are far superior to those in the 70s and 80s when seasickness was a real problem. We had instances then of people being sick all over the ship. Not pretty. Recently we have sailed in 40 MPH winds and 40 ft seas and have felt little movement. But as said before better safe than sorry. Take the anti nausea drugs. Can't hurt.

Archived