Talkeetna questions

Dirtyoldad

Dirtyoldad,

The Moose dropping here is one of those things you see once in your life, The food is good during the event . We would love to have have everybody stay more than one day in here in Talkeetna, But I would not waste more than one day you can see the entire town in 2 hours minus excursions Last year there was a big fight over the parade (Political) so they were going to cancle the entire moose dropping but this year it is only going to be 2 days and if anything bad happens this year it will be the last year

Alaskan guide

OK< here's our plan. rent a car drive Anchorage to Healy. 2 nites Denali area. day 1 Tundra Wilderness tour, Cabin nite dinner theater

day 2 scenic wilderness river raft, then drive to Talkeetna. 2 nites Talkeetna (will arrive the 8th of july) then on the tenth drive back to Anchorage. Should I make some changes maybe add a day in Healy and drop a Talkeetna day??? or what else should I plan for the Talkeetna area. I think that flightseeing will bust the budget.

Thanks AG for your advice.

we happened to be in Talkeetna in July 03 for the moose dropping festival.

We bought a raffle ticket (your "stub" is a painted,shellacked, moose dropping) but didn't win.

It was fun walking around Talkeetna and going into the various shops, but unless you are planning on taking flightseeing and maybe doing one of the long fishing trips, I don't see what you are going to do there with two days

For clairfication- as an independent traveler, I wound NEVER book the Tundra Wilderness tour. You can get significant saving booking the SHUTTLE to Fish Creek, going 10 mile further into the Park. More is better there. :) Then perhaps obtain a used toursaver book with a flightseeing coupon available from Talkeetna Aero or Talkeetna Air Taxi and do a flight. :) I too would stay in Denali Park extra vs 2 full days in Talkeetna.

Archived