Splendor review I found online :)

Lol, I am on paragraph 3 and already shaking my head. Having been on board during the Splendor fire, and then taking a 'Booze Cruise' on the Paradise, I have seen it all! These are the kind of people who shouldn't leave their suburbs. Stay at home and let the rest of the peasants of the world enjoy our adventures.

I AM going to finish the review, just for s&g's ;)

ETA: I have gotten to the part where she complains about the "pool of urine" (wha??) and the "ease" of getting around the Splendor. I agree with her on the latter. As we know, the Splendor is much different from, say the Spirit. But, after a day or so of wandering around, you sort of know where youre going. Sort of. We had a lot of time to simply wander around, on our tour of the Splendor. Finding the Gold Pearl Dining Room was the running joke. It was crazy lol.

- The first sign of panic hit me as I glanced at our key cards and noticed the name: RIVIERA under deck name. I quickly looked it up on the ship’s map only to confirm my concern that indeed it was the lowest deck on-board… Having called Carnival numerous times to add and change things to our reservations I thought it was a bit odd that none of the eight (8) different representatives that I talked to bothered to mention that: “Oh, by the way just to make sure you know that you are on the very bottom of the ship, just above the crew cabins!”

WT? For someone that booked their vacation for months and anticpated and excited about the trip, but yet failed do some research, especially she is a reporter?

what did she expect when her cabin number started with a "1". Anyone with even a sliver of brain would know they were on the first floor (or level). And the Riviera deck is not really near the bottom of the ship - it's still above water! There's a lot more underneath.

The article was just pure insanity from word one.

I thought it was hilarious!

You guys need to lighten up. I also defy anyone to tell me what she said that was incorrect?

Being over the thrusters is a nightmare, when they are on. Navigating any ship can be a nightmare. She is right about the pools, and the chair hogs. I have no idea about CC but I really don't like the idea of 9 -11 year olds sent all over the ship on their own. Hair dryer? ladies tell me what she said about the provided hair dryer that is incorrect.

Now, I will dispute her argument about the customer service. I have never had bad customer service on board the ships.

I'm a blogger myself and my "sense of humour (spelled like JH)" has been mis-communicated before. So, I feel sympathy for her if she was simply "trying" to be funny and mocking herself and it just didn't come across that way.

However, some of her comments so her own stupidity while commenting on Carnival's. She states that you can't go from Riveria up to the Lido deck without going across deck 5? Really? I haven't been on Splendor, but I'm pretty sure on the Dream you can do that. The aft elevators obviously don't go to the Spa decks b/c ........well the Spa decks aren't on that side. But I'm pretty sure the forward, aft, and middle elevators all go to the Lido deck. :rolleyes:

Love how she talks about camp carnival letting the kids to a scavenger hunt around the ship and how she is appalled at that b/c the ship is hard to navigate (apparently you can't get to the Lido deck unless you across deck 5) and kids could easily get lost. Yet, her son found his way all the way from the kids club (where he checked himself out) to their cabin. :rolleyes:

I don't hate on her, I just feel bad for her. Someone needs to educate her.

For some people planning and researching is part of vacation, but for others they just want to book it and go. But, you have to have a pretty easy going personality for the book and go. Its very obvious that she did not want to put effort into her vacation and neither has the personality to book and go.

Makes you smile doesn't it. You know what she is missing:D.

Archived