Splendor review I found online :)

No, this is just a typical review from one who thinks Royal Caribbean is a higher class line - it is not and never will be. It also is from one of those people who thinks they are special because they live in Southern California. I do not understand that attitude at all. We heathens who live in the Piedmont of North Carolina know what life is all about. After all, I live two miles from our social center - WalMart!

Doc

No, this is just a typical review from one who thinks Royal Caribbean is a higher class line - it is not and never will be. It also is from one of those people who thinks they are special because they live in Southern California. I do not understand that attitude at all. We heathens who live in the Piedmont of North Carolina know what life is all about. After all, I live two miles from our social center - WalMart!

Doc

Just like us rednecks who live in the cow country of Wisconsin who's social center is Walmart North! Wow is all I can say to that review. Just, wow.

There are some good comments to that article. I wonder if she will read any of them.

Someone stated that she would have a problem with any vacation and should just stay at home. That sounds like good advice.:D

Many of her so called problems could have been solved with a little research on her part.

No one in the comments section has any sympathy for this gal.

The only thing to complain about was the incident in the bathroom. Was the child the first to use it? If so, YUCK!

Splendor has three (3) pools, one about 15x15 feet, the other 50x25 feet and the third is ADULTS ONLY pool. Not only are the two so-called kid-friendly pools small and salt water pools but on a typical day at sea full of snotty, bratty, water-splashing children that no one wants to sit next too. And yes I am talking about mine of course, mainly the little one. After the second time he got scolded by the adults, I gave him permission to go into the ADULTS ONLY pool since there was one old lady in there. Of course wherever my six-year-old goes, trouble and more children follow. Within minutes, the ADULT pool was filled with screaming, splashing children. That’s when I gave permission to all the passengers on board to discipline my children, or as my husband says: I gave up.

Very stupid person, lol .. it has to be a joke of how not to cruise .. Its my cruise, I can do what I want.

No one in the comments section has any sympathy for this gal.

The only thing to complain about was the incident in the bathroom. Was the child the first to use it? If so, YUCK!

How would a 6 year old sit in a pool of urine.. makes zero sense. They clean the toilets and leave the cleaning fluid in them at times.. the child would not have been sitting in the water in the toilet??

Think about this .. it makes no sense.

If she was trying to be funny, she failed miserably.

I don't know.... she made me laugh pretty hard. :D

C'mon, she got on the ship expecting the worst. If that's what you're looking for, you're going to find it!

- The first sign of panic hit me as I glanced at our key cards and noticed the name: RIVIERA under deck name. I quickly looked it up on the ship’s map only to confirm my concern that indeed it was the lowest deck on-board… Having called Carnival numerous times to add and change things to our reservations I thought it was a bit odd that none of the eight (8) different representatives that I talked to bothered to mention that: “Oh, by the way just to make sure you know that you are on the very bottom of the ship, just above the crew cabins!”

WT? For someone that booked their vacation for months and anticpated and excited about the trip, but yet failed do some research, especially she is a reporter?

Doc

I'm from southern California and this lady gives us a bad name. We are not all like that But then again I LOVE walmart-lol! This lady sound very negative and a spoiled brat. I've only been on Paradise and my family and I were happy! Next cruise is the Splendor and we cant wait. I actually liked Carnival and wont go on another cruise line because I want to be with more down to earth people and I heard carnival was the way to go. I dont know but this lady sounds like nothing made her happy and some people are just that way, oh well one less negative person that will be on my next cruise:) Happy cruising my carnival people:D

oh on a positive note, I now know to take my own hair dryer cuz i have long thick hair-lol!

Someone really needs to bring this to CCL's attention, maybe through JH. There's too much here that is easy to prove she is slandering CCL. I think she should have to remove it and do a follow up article to her followers that she is just stupid. I would love to take her sorry a$$ on a cruise on my boat. I would leave her on a small kids float about twenty miles out and really give her something to write about!

I think the article is just a failed attempt at some type of wry humor. I can't imagine anyone not knowing where the room they booked is.

Having been on The Splendor, I also believe most of the review is fabricated.

Shame on her...

- The first sign of panic hit me as I glanced at our key cards and noticed the name: RIVIERA under deck name. I quickly looked it up on the ship’s map only to confirm my concern that indeed it was the lowest deck on-board… Having called Carnival numerous times to add and change things to our reservations I thought it was a bit odd that none of the eight (8) different representatives that I talked to bothered to mention that: “Oh, by the way just to make sure you know that you are on the very bottom of the ship, just above the crew cabins!”

WT? For someone that booked their vacation for months and anticpated and excited about the trip, but yet failed do some research, especially she is a reporter?

I agree maybe the name of the website should give us a clue, clearly she is a JP

Thank god I wasn't sharing a room or dinner table with her jeeze! Failed review attempt!!! that gives all in the southwest a bad name, please don't think were all miserable like her WERE NOT;)! I always to my research on my cabin deck & location! Zone boarding, pathetic to her??? has she flown an airline recently same type of boarding! What does she want? ring the cowbell & everyone rush the door? come on give me a break! Great entertainment at work keeps me busy hehehe:p Like other posts said I do like walmart as well so...! walmarts are HUGE in the southwest & have cornered the market(at least to me);)

I love all the comments below the review that raked her over the coals and basically called her a blithering idiot who should stay locked up in cubie and never venture outside.:eek:

OMG REALLY! I gotta check that out I stopped reading after the laughable attempt at a review!

Archived