What happens on a port intensive cruise

dfishner

We are booked on Azamara Journey in November Southern Caribbean route. I cannot tell you how much we are looking forward to cruising with Azamara for the first time. I have a couple of questions I hope someone on here can answer for me.

We have read about some of the wonderful things that Azamara does on sea days like the BBQ or wine tasting since this is an port intensive cruise with no sea day does Azamara still do them? We are planning to do excursions in the morning and come back to the ship just do not want to come back to a ship where there is nothing going on.

If we wanted a glass of wine in one of the lounges prior to having dinner is there a charge for that or is it gratis?

We are booked on Azamara Journey in November Southern Caribbean route. I cannot tell you how much we are looking forward to cruising with Azamara for the first time. I have a couple of questions I hope someone on here can answer for me.

We have read about some of the wonderful things that Azamara does on sea days like the BBQ or wine tasting since this is an port intensive cruise with no sea day does Azamara still do them? We are planning to do excursions in the morning and come back to the ship just do not want to come back to a ship where there is nothing going on.

If we wanted a glass of wine in one of the lounges prior to having dinner is there a charge for that or is it gratis?

Hi Dfishner !

Are you saying that you do not have any Sea Days on your itinerary ? I'm not sure how Azamara will offer features such as the Lunch BBQ, as most Guests will be off the ship during the Mid-Day hours. I would think Azamara will try to offer them, but during the evening hours. They will likely have activites when you return from your excursions, so I highly doubt you will return to a ship where nothing is going on.

You should be able to enjoy a complimentary Glass of wine before Dinner. A very nice venue, is the Discovery Lounge. There's usually 2-3 complimentary wine options. From past reports, most Guests seem to be happy with the choices available.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Dfishner !

Are you saying that you do not have any Sea Days on your itinerary ? I'm not sure how Azamara will offer features such as the Lunch BBQ, as most Guests will be off the ship during the Mid-Day hours. I would think Azamara will try to offer them, but during the evening hours. They will likely have activites when you return from your excursions, so I highly doubt you will return to a ship where nothing is going on.

You should be able to enjoy a complimentary Glass of wine before Dinner. A very nice venue, is the Discovery Lounge. There's usually 2-3 complimentary wine options. From past reports, most Guests seem to be happy with the choices available.

Andy, we are in a different port each day so yes to the question.. Thank you for your reponses

Dale

Hi Dfishner !

I thought that complimentary wine was only available with meals.

I can't imagine any problem with a pre-dinner glass of wine.

(In the unlikely event that you do have a problem, simply go to the buffet area and have your wine -and sushi or other appetizers - there).

In good weather, you can sit outside - near the buffet area and enjoy your pre-dinner wine. Often, at the outside bars at cocktail hour, there are "happy hour" specials for other bar drinks as well.

Hi Grandma Gilly !

That's correct, but I was under the assumption the question was about a Pre-Dinner drink. Assuming Dinner service has commenced, it would be available.

On my Journey sailing, in the afternoon... complimentary Wine was available by Pool deck, though I'm not sure if that's the case on every sailing. IMHO, I felt that Azamara was more than generous with their offerings.

That was our experience. We were sitting in the lounge outside Discoveries (listening to a wonderful harpist) and decided to have a glass of wine before dinner. We were advised that there was a charge for wine in the lounge..

That was our experience. We were sitting in the lounge outside Discoveries (listening to a wonderful harpist) and decided to have a glass of wine before dinner. We were advised that there was a charge for wine in the lounge..

Hi Fla742 !

That's interesting. When Dinner was being served, that I recall... it was not that case on our Journey sailing in March. Perhaps something has changed. I will see if I can get clarification.

Hi Everyone !

I received a quick reply on this. Fla742 was correct, as selected wines are served during meals at the Discoveries Dining Room, Specialty Dining, & the Buffet. It is not served complimentary at the bars or lounges during Lunch & Dinner hours.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone !

I received a quick reply on this. Fla742 was correct, as selected wines are served during meals at the Discoveries Dining Room, Specialty Dining, & the Buffet. It is not served complimentary at the bars or lounges during Lunch & Dinner hours.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

We found the outdoor area behind the buffet was a lovely area for a (complementary) pre dinner drink. We also picked up a few hors d'oeuvres in the buffet to eat with the wine while we listened to the guitarist. After that we would eat in the dining room.

Hello dfishner.

I was on the Quest last month for a port-intensive 7-night cruise to the Italian and French Riviera. We had no sea days but did have two deck parties for dinner. One was for a very nice July 4 party (in Corsica, France) and the other was just a really nice deck party (St. Tropez). During these events, they have great food, which is usually purchased locally, so you'll have the freshest sea food cooked on a grill on deck along with a great selection of other food. During these events, you can get your wine from the pool bar or from the servers around the pool area.

Azamara does a wonderful job at these parties, which can only be held when staying late at a port or overnight.

Enjoy!!

Hello dfishner.

I was on the Quest last month for a port-intensive 7-night cruise to the Italian and French Riviera. We had no sea days but did have two deck parties for dinner. One was for a very nice July 4 party (in Corsica, France) and the other was just a really nice deck party (St. Tropez). During these events, they have great food, which is usually purchased locally, so you'll have the freshest sea food cooked on a grill on deck along with a great selection of other food. During these events, you can get your wine from the pool bar or from the servers around the pool area.

Azamara does a wonderful job at these parties, which can only be held when staying late at a port or overnight.

Enjoy!!

Is the dress code for these deck dinners any different? Thanks very much.

Is the dress code for these deck dinners any different? Thanks very much.

We were on the Quest for a short break in June. ports everyday. One night docked in Elba we had a poolside deck party. It was called 'White night' and guests were asked to wear white clothes if they had them. It was a splendid evening and the band played and singers made for an excellent party atmosphere. A really good evening. :)

We were on the Quest for a short break in June. ports everyday. One night docked in Elba we had a poolside deck party. It was called 'White night' and guests were asked to wear white clothes if they had them. It was a splendid evening and the band played and singers made for an excellent party atmosphere. A really good evening. :)

White Night parties are very nice. They had one on my first Azamara cruise when we had an overnight in Sorrento. It's a very nice touch. On our last cruise, they decided to just have a regular deck party without a theme since they already had a big 4th of July party, which was very well done.

Archived