My numbers are funky...

jetsfan

On my Carnival cruise contract it shows a higher fare paid and lower port/tax charges. Through my big TA booking it shows smaller fare and larger port/tax charges. If I am comparing fares for possible OBC which current fare do I look at? My TA price was 1049 higher taxes, Carnival docs say 1199.00 and lower taxes. Today fare viewer says 1199.00, it was higher 3 days ago.

I realize any inquires and adjustments must be made via my TA. I cruise in 13 days so if fares are going to drop now would be the time. I am an experienced cruiser and have booked my next cruise with a PVP but this has stumped me. Please help me if you can. I do appreciate it!

I would have asked the fare when I booked. Some TAs pull out NCFs/port taxes from the fare which confuses people.

Look at the bottom line minus the normal taxes and fees shown on Carnival's site?? (and hopefully these have not had time to change) or you might have to ask your TA what the fare is if you didnt ask when you booked.

You do need to know what fare the TA booked you at. Did they discount?? If the price you are seeing is lower, that could be too.

I would ask the TA what the fare was if you forgot to ask when you booked.

I probably would just watch and if the bottom line drops from what you paid, then you can call up the TA and ask then. .. since you are so close to the cruise, just watch the fares and see if they drop below what you paid. ..bottom line. I dont know why some TAs pull the port fees/NCFs out of the cruisefare and confuse people.

I actually had the same thing. Firefly was the one that cracked the mystery for me.

If you add the 2 totals you should get the same total less any non-carnival fees like TA booking fee travels insurance etc.

When checking for price drops go by carnival total not by ta total

Archived