transportation from sfo

spikecat

What is the best way to get from San Francisco airport to the Sea Princess pier and what is the cost?

Depends on your mobility, flexibility, and number travelling with your group...

-you can schedule a van service (I think super shuttle) but it can get pretty pricey.

-you can get a taxi/hire a private car & driver, and its usually a fixed rate from the airport to downtown, you'll also pay a premium fee for coming from the airport.

-you can take BART from SFO to downtown and either hoof it, or get a taxi for the 3/4th mile leg from BART Embarcadero station to the cruise terminal. Those tickets run about $8.10 per person from the Airport.

again, these vary in price range and depend on the number of people in your group

For 4 or fewer people that are relatively mobile, BART is probably the least expensive, Taxi (van) for more than that. In my experience, the shuttles typically charge something like $17 per for the first and $10 per person after which might be worth it. do your homework and make the best choice for you.

An inexpensive option is to take the BART train from SFO to the Embarcadero station, which is the last BART station in San Francisco. The embarcadero station is underground with escalators up to Market Street. From there it is a short cab ride to the pier. Cost of BART is $8.10 per person (one way). It takes about 45 minutes on BART from SFO to the Embarcadero station. The direction you are traveling could be crowded during the morning commute hours (before 8 am), but you should still be OK with your luggage. I travel on BART from the east bay almost every day. My office sits just about right on top of the Embarcadero BART station.

There are also street cars that will take you from the Ferry Building at the base of Market Street to the piers. However, with luggage I would suggest a cab.

Not sure what day or time you are coming in to SFO. Check out the train schedules at www.bart.gov.

Archived