Which Cabin is better on the Emerald B755 or C251??

dstables

We are currently booked on the Emerald next February for a 20 day cruise in cabin B755, an aft balcony. Princess just lower their price on the 2 - 10 day cruises that make up our 20 day cruise. The 2 - 10 days cruises are now cheaper, about $300.00 total less than our current price for the 20 day and with the current 3 day sale on we would get 2 - $100.00 on board credits. We have never had an aft balcony before and Princess advised me that if I change our booking to the 2 - 10 day cruises that B755 is only available for the 20 day cruise and we could not keep this cabin. I don't want to change cabins after the 1st 10 day cruise and the only cabin available for the 2 - 10 day cruises is C251. Is the aft cabin worth keeping or would you change to C251 and save $300.00 and gain $200.00 on board credits? We would lose $100.00 on boards credits if we change to the 2 - 10 day cruises as we would no longer each get $150.00 from our future cruise deposit and would go down to $100.00 each for the 10 day cruise. So the saving is about $450.00 total. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

This is a personal decision and most will tell you to keep the Caribe deck cabin. I was in this position a few months ago (an Aloha deck balcony cabin towards the aft vs. a Caribe towards the front) and I prefer to be towards the aft. Even if it meant giving up the larger balcony. But that's my personal preference and some people don't mind being up front. I prefer aft because it's closer to Skywalkers, closer to the buffet, closer to the Traditional dining room, etc. I rarely go forward on the ship and the few times I've booked even a mid-ship cabin, I wished I was further aft because it felt as though I was constantly schlepping all over the ship. Again, that's my preference and probably prejudice.

I would change cabins and save the $450.00. Not only for the savings, but because I like the Caribe deck balconies better than anything facing directly aft and over the wake, which I find noisy. The Caribe cabin is in a good location close to the elevators. The Caribe balconies are also extra large.

Hi dstables,

If I were you, I would try to get them to give you B755 for the whole trip. I would ask to speak to a supervisor, or if you are working with a TA, ask them go to bat for you. If you really want to go with the aft cabin, it would be worth a try.

Teresa

Hi dstables,

If I were you, I would try to get them to give you B755 for the whole trip. I would ask to speak to a supervisor, or if you are working with a TA, ask them go to bat for you. If you really want to go with the aft cabin, it would be worth a try.

Teresa

My advice also, especially if you have a good travel agent.

Archived