Carnival Splendor 2470 and 2473

I have been looking for info and pictures of staterooms 2470 and 2473 on Carnival Splendor. I am unable to find very much info (and not one picture). Is anyone here able to point me in the direction?

Also, how much movement is felt from these rooms? I had an aft balcony on the Spirit before, would the movement be the same?

Thank you!

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

We had an aft balcony on the Splendor. Very rarely did we feel any cavitation. Only once did we feel the thrusters when docking.

The only concern with this cabin is that it is underneath the dining room. IIRC this is the MDR that is used for breakfast and lunch as well as dinner.

Found this thread on the Cabin Selection Tips board

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=554921&highlight=carnival+splendor+2470+2473

Edited by SadieN

We had 2470 on the Splendor. It is an awesome cabin. Very large. You could call it pie shaped. Two windows, sofa, two chairs and table inbetween the windows. There was vibration. Just depends on what you can tolerate. We considered it good for sleeping. From Cabo back to Long Beach the ship was under full speed and the vibration was pretty bad. Had to move everything off the tables due to the clanging and items falling to the floor. We would book it again. Did miss the balcony though.

Thank you both. Well, I did book this cabin and I hope I made the right choice. I hope the vibration doesn't drive my friend crazy. I just thought it would be nice to have a large cabin. Who knows, maybe we will get an upsell and move to a balcony.

I'm still looking for pictures of this stateroom. SadieN, I saw the pictures from the link that you posted. Were those of the Splendor or were they the same room on another ship? I'm confused because I thought the Splendor was the only one in her class.

Thanks again!

But there are the same cabins on the Liberty. I had 2470 on Liberty and yes there is vibration~ I had to tape the doors to the closets and safe shut tight at night so I could sleep. Not in the cabin really to notice during the days. Had breakfast in the main dining room one morning and it was really bad, while pulling into port. It's a trade off to have a huge cabin at an OV price with 2 big windows.. I'd only move if I got a cheap upsell to a balcony. I dont have any pics on this computer or I would share~

We had this cabin booked on one sailing (Liberty) but people were coming back reporting the vibrations were too bad.

Ya know, its a nice large cabin but if the vibration is too bad that you gotta sleep on the deck-- its just not worth it. I did not want to take the chance so we moved the cabin.

The vibration will not be the same as an aft balcony- they are sitting a few decks higher then the ocean views which only sit on two decks-- right above the Propeller (or what ever it called

Thank you both for your reply.

Oh, now I'm worried. Litewait, would you book that cabin again? I saw how large it was and read on a Roll Call about the great cabin. I think it may be to late for me to change without paying a fee.

Serene, that really worries me. I don't want to sleep on deck. :eek:

No, it wasnt so bad that I wouldnt book it again.. I actually have it's "twin" 2470, booked on the Splendor next month. My 17 year old actually said he wanted that one again. He slept thru everything. I am a pretty light sleeper so I was fine after I "fixed" what rattled at night. I didn't have to sleep on the deck LOL! And as an early riser I was up before we docked and it wasnt unbearable. It kinda depends on your sleeping habits I think..

Remind me and I will come back and let you know how it was!

Edited by Litewait

No, it wasnt so bad that I wouldnt book it again.. I actually have it's "twin" 2470, booked on the Splendor next month. My 17 year old actually said he wanted that one again. He slept thru everything. I am a pretty light sleeper so I was fine after I "fixed" what rattled at night. I didn't have to sleep on the deck LOL! And as an early riser I was up before we docked and it wasnt unbearable. It kinda depends on your sleeping habits I think..

Remind me and I will come back and let you know how it was!

Thank you, should I bring a roll of tape with me? Is that how you fixed everything?

No noise from the crew stairwell

I hope the crew stairwell isn't really loud.

Speaking of noise, does anyone know if the Splendor has the new flat screen TVs? On the Paradise the TVs were really old and had a green tint. I know, why do I go on a cruise to watch TV. TV goes great with late night room service. :)

I hope the crew stairwell isn't really loud.

Speaking of noise, does anyone know if the Splendor has the new flat screen TVs? On the Paradise the TVs were really old and had a green tint. I know, why do I go on a cruise to watch TV. TV goes great with late night room service. :)

When I was on in 2009 we had the flat sreens with the whole interactive setup; buying excuesions, checking S&S card, ordering PPV movies, able to check dining menus. Was a pretty nice setup :)