Which room for 2 cribs?

dlsteve67

We have twin girls that are going to be 22 months old at the time of the cruise in January. What type of cabin should we choose? The normal interior and ocean view cabin look small but probably could fit 2 cribs in there.

Any suggestions? We are planning to book with either Carnival or Royal Caribbean since we have been told they are the best for kids.

You need to be more specific as to which ships you are considering. As a rule, Carnival will have larger cabins, especially interior. Neither will have a kids program for children the age of yours, although there may be times that you can take them to the kids area and stay and play with them there. There are several Royal ships that have a Royal Tots nursery and splash pool area for diapered children. Carnival will not have this.

There is an are here at CC for Family Cruising. It is located under Special Interest Cruising. there are kid experts there who can tell you what you need to know. EM

Realize that even with the use of cribs, or more accurately, pack n plays, you will be booking a room that holds four, with four beds. One or two of those will probably come from the ceiling or the sofa and you do not have to use them, but you do have to book them. What general type of room are you thinking of? Inside, OV, balcony?

The availability of cribs is not guaranteed, so do have an alternate plan in mind JIC. And as already noted, the family cruising forum has loads of experienced cruisers with kids. LBNL, this article is helpful with the basics

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=628

Thanks we are looking at Carnival Glory and Carnival Liberty. Hoping that the rooms are not too small to make it a frustrating time to move around the cabin.

Any suggestions would be great thanks.

On those two ships, OVs would be fine, as they are 220 s.f. of inside space.

One of the largest cabins I know of.

Even with an oceanview I can not image two cribs in there-

One takes up enough floor space.

We sailed with an 18 month old. (she did fine on the sofa bed.

on other nights we let her sleep in the drawer (located under the sofa there are two huge drawers. stuck the white blanket in there which gave her good padding-- and she slept like a baby-

with two kids that age- you should get a balcony which will give you your escape place when the kids are napping or down for the night

E

with two kids that age- you should get a balcony which will give you your escape place when the kids are napping or down for the night

Respectfully we will have to agree to disagree. A balcony is 185 s.f. plus a 35 s.f. balcony, total 220 s.f.... with less space in the cabin to put up two cribs.

We love the size of the OVs with extra space within the cabin.

Respectfully we will have to agree to disagree. A balcony is 185 s.f. plus a 35 s.f. balcony, total 220 s.f.... with less space in the cabin to put up two cribs.

We love the size of the OVs with extra space within the cabin.

an oceanview will look kinda like this:

2653155800101417785CtGSeH_th.jpg

i guess two pack and plays could fit there side by side

We have been in the OVs, I just dont have pictures. I just booked my sister and her husband into a OV on Conquest. She has mobility issues and she loves the bigger cabin and wouldnt sit out on the balcony anyway.

It might not be everyone's choice, but it is a good choice for us.

Any possiblility of handicapped rooms. I have seen some that looked very large and they have less furniture in the room so that the wheelchair fits in? Don't flame about handicapped for those who need it -- I think that a mom of twins almost two has some special needs too. Bless you and your babies. You will enjoy this trip wonderfully as you see the ship and the cruise through the eyes of your little ones.

Archived