cove balcony?

losb

Its a inhull balcony, with a cutout, on deck 2. Its very close to the water, so its more private, but the balcony isnt as wide open as higher decks (which on Dream and Magic you have to be careful not to book right above the hot tubs)

What is a cove balcony? And what is the difference between the other balconies? thanks

Perhaps a picture will help more than anything else...

Dream019.jpg

That's a Cove. The balconies are built into the hull of the ship and use hull plating instead of Plexiglas to front them. They're very similar to the Ocean Suites on Fantasy Class ships and are exactly the same as the 'hull' or 'in hull' balcony cabins on the Queen Mary 2.

They're the same size as any other balcony cabin but what makes them special is their proximity to the water line... just two passenger decks up! Quite spectacular!

:)

I would like to ask a question about a cove balcony. Hope I am not hijacking. I used this thread to show my DD what a cove balcony looks like. She booked cabin 2441 on the Magic. it is the last balcony before OV's. Will there be any difference than any other cove balcony? She wanted to be near the elevator because she will be sailing with her children.

I would like to ask a question about a cove balcony. Hope I am not hijacking. I used this thread to show my DD what a cove balcony looks like. She booked cabin 2441 on the Magic. it is the last balcony before OV's. Will there be any difference than any other cove balcony? She wanted to be near the elevator because she will be sailing with her children.

Nope... none. She's got a great location! I booked my Cove where I did as it was close to an elevator, also.

She'll love it. The Coves are much more private than standard balcony cabins.

I would caution her about letting the kids out on the balcony without her present. The opening in the hull is much less restricted than with the Plexiglas on a normal balcony.

:)

on Dream and Magic you have to be careful not to book right above the hot tubs)

Last Nov ours was above one of the Giant Chess Sets:(. Never again. People were playing chess until the wee hours and they were not using their inside voices. We will get a balcony on a higher deck from now on, on Dream class ships.

Archived