Switching Cruise/Ship, AFTER reservations made???

bizzylady

I made my reservations for my FIRST cruise on the Elation ship. I should have done more research, cuz I am finding a lot of people saying that the food is just so-so, and that is not one of the nicer ships. I did not know that. Does anyone know if I can SWITCH to a new ship? ... which I guess would be a whole different cruise and date. ?? and if so, is there a charge for that? Will I lose my deposit? I guess I should call Carnival, but wanted to see what people on here had to say first. Thanks. If I lose my $300 total deposit, then I don't want to do it.

I made my reservations for my FIRST cruise on the Elation ship. I should have done more research, cuz I am finding a lot of people saying that the food is just so-so, and that is not one of the nicer ships. I did not know that. Does anyone know if I can SWITCH to a new ship? ... which I guess would be a whole different cruise and date. ?? and if so, is there a charge for that? Will I lose my deposit? I guess I should call Carnival, but wanted to see what people on here had to say first. Thanks. If I lose my $300 total deposit, then I don't want to do it.

.....you will lose $50 pp on the cancellation and the rest of your deposit will be able to be used for your new cruise. If you booked any other rate and you are not past final payment date, then you will get your full deposit back and be able to use it for your new cruise.

wasiii

We did that recently on a family cruise. My son proposed to his now fiance and so we moved them off of the family cruise and gave them a honeymoon cruise a month and a half earlier. It was either $50 to change or $50 per person to change ships and sail dates. If you are looking for the more modern ships, then Dream Class or Conquest class are those with Dream class being the newest.

Just to start with .. all the food from ship to ship is standard menus.. by switching from one of the newest fantasy class ships (which most people say is one of the prettiest ships) to say triumph, which is bigger, but only one year newer.. you would still have the same food, just a bigger ship.

Here are some pics from Elation which Iv been on twice this year.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1410345

Changing ships thinking you would get different food would be like jumping out of the boiling pot into the fire.

Just to add, on my Feb Elation cruise I had my best ever waiter who was the most fun of any waiter Iv ever had.

On my May Elation I had the best ever cabin steward, enough so that I went to the pursers desk to write a note how good he was.

Donna - yes I booked with Early Saver, so guess it would be $50 per person lost. BUT what everyone is saying is making me feel ok about it now and I am gonna stay with what I booked!! I guess I must have read one or two people's bad experiences, when overall it is really ok. Thanks all!

If you listen to the bad reviews you will ever go on any cruise,i've seen bad reviews about every ship in the fleet,just go and have a great time and form your own opinion,i've never had a bad cruise,I have had some not so great meals but the wonderful thing about that is if you don't like something you can always order something else.;)

Ive never been on the Elation, but am getting alot of the same negative feedback regarding the Destiny ( were booked for Thanksgiving). I wouldnt worry too much, those peoples views on things could b very different from yours. I still plan on taking my Destiny cruise and having a great time cruising :)

Heck on a forum with my TA people are acting like Im the worst low class of the lowest class because I was excited about booking conquest.

At least this is a carnival forum so you dont have to hear how people think carnival is beneath them.

I think if someone had a bad experience, they are more apt to write a review or post about it.. the vast majority of happy cruisers dont post.

I love CC because you learn so much and I love reading the reviews and opinions.. Many people post on CC pre-cruise but once the cruise is over they go back to their lives and they do not take time out to tell everyone what a great cruise it was, but if they had a bad one, CC gives them a chance to vent. We went on the Sensation I was so worried after reading negative reviews about cabins being hot, food not good, ship rocking etc. To this day the Sensation was my favorite ship. We had a great cruise, my worries were for nothing.

If you listen to the bad reviews you will ever go on any cruise,i've seen bad reviews about every ship in the fleet,just go and have a great time and form your own opinion,i've never had a bad cruise,I have had some not so great meals but the wonderful thing about that is if you don't like something you can always order something else.;)

agree totally with re-re...it always amazes me with reviews of certain categories like "food" on the ship...over the years I've read posts here, I've seen reviews by different passengers on the same ship and even on the exact cruise who have almost complete opposite opinions...one review said the food and service was the worst they've experienced, while another review will note that the food was the best part of the cruise

Archived