Carnival ELATION - If you have sailed on it recently, please read and help!

bizzylady

Hi - I booked my first cruise on the Elation (for this November) and now I am wishing I would have done more research and booked on a better ship. I am reading things on this site and others, about how it is an older ship that is not decorated modernly, or something and outdated, AND the food is not fantastic, but just so-so. I am all about the good food and wanting to see a nice ship for my first time. I was wondering if anyone knows if they have updated this ship and how you enjoyed your cruise on that ship? any replies appreciated. thanks. and any other info about the ship or anything at all.. .just let me know!

I posted some comments to your other thread, but here are some pictures I took this May.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1410345

Carnival menu's again are standard, so unless you have a bad waiter who isnt getting the food to you warm, the food would not be better on a different ship.

Deli and Mongolian BBQ are both good to me on this ship and the salad bar is off separate unlike newer ships where you have to wait in the regular buffet line even if all you want is one thing, or just to make a salad.

I had excellent service on Elation .. cant complain one bit. The peacock theme up in the buffet is beautiful. I have more pics of the buffet area, the bar in the back, the deli etc, but not on photo bucket, so they would just be thumbnails.

It is considered a very pretty ship. Not garish to me at all, just beautiful colors.

She is a beautiful ship and she will just be out of dry dock, so everything should be refreshed and updated. The food is good and the staff is great. Enjoy your trip!!

This is all good news to me as we leave on the Elation in 22 days...Have booked Uxmal through Auto Progreso and Nachi Cocum. I think we really can't go wrong! First vacation with out children for our 20th anniversary and we are so looking forward to it. Keep the conversation going! I love it! :)

We sailed the Elation last week. She is a wonderful ship. True, she's a bit older but still very beautiful. Now chances are she will shallow in comparison to my upcoming Magic cruise-- a brand-new ship almost twice her size--but I would not have any objection in sailing the Elation again sometime in the future.

Happy sailing! :)

Beth

I have a review of my Elation cruise linked in my signature. We enjoyed the ship, it's easy to find your way around, the crew was friendly, food was good (better than a couple of cruises), and I wouldn't hesitate to book her again. I've been on the oldest/smallest (Holiday) and one of the newest/biggest (Dream), and I prefer the smaller ships.

A cruise is like any vacation - if you are bound and determined to have a bad time, you will, no matter where you are or what you are doing.

So.... go with a great attitude, be determined to try new things and enjoy your cruise, and don't sweat the small stuff.

Enjoy!

I was on Elation last August and I am booked on Elation again soon.

It is the prettiest of all the ships I have been on.

The food is about the same as all the other ships that I have been on.

Sometimes certain dishes have turned out better or not as good as previous cruises, but it is pretty consistent.

Archived