On Request?

rugbypopsie

Can someone enlighten me please..I was checking on the Ocean Princess cruise I have booked for Mar 1 2013 and I noticed all categories other than insides were listed with this particular on line agent as "on request". I am sure that they could not be already sold so would this be because agencies have bought blocks of cabins or some other reason?

Can someone enlighten me please..I was checking on the Ocean Princess cruise I have booked for Mar 1 2013 and I noticed all categories other than insides were listed with this particular on line agent as "on request". I am sure that they could not be already sold so would this be because agencies have bought blocks of cabins or some other reason?

Unfortunately, you are seeing things in Australia that we don't see in the U.S.

i've seen the 'on request' message on ta websites. there are cabins available, but they want you to call them to get the price. i'm not sure whether this is because the price is so good or so bad!

i've seen the 'on request' message on ta websites. there are cabins available, but they want you to call them to get the price. i'm not sure whether this is because the price is so good or so bad!

Most likely its a cabin not in their guarantee block, so they have to get real time requests as needed to see what pricing will be.
I agree with both of these. I just checked the Princess website and there's pricing there. Sometimes, TA's don't reveal pricing because they want you to call, as cdngrl says. But as Loonbeam says, it could be that they need to check the pricing.

On the Princess website, mini-suite/suites range in US$ from $7,290 - $12,890/pp; balcony from $5,790 - $6,390 (two categories are Waitlisted); Oceanview from $4,840 - $5,540 (one category Waitlisted); Obstructed oceanview at $4,690 (two categories total, one is Waitlisted, both the same price); Inside from $4,390 - $4,525 (ALL categories waitlisted.) Hope this helps.

I booked a segment of the World Cruise for March 2013 and the pricing isn't on the Princess website unless you book the entire World Cruise (which I'm not about to do.) My TA had pricing on a number of cabins that when I prorated the number of days of the World Cruise, seemed reasonable, but she also had a special rate for a GTY in a category one less than what I was looking at. I went with the GTY because it was substantially less as a group rate. I'm still waiting for my cabin assignment. :)

I've seen this on some cruise lines. Mostly on HAL and occasionally on Princess. Mostly on Alaska cruises, probably because on the number of cruise tours that they have booked or pre booked cabins.
The OP isn't going anywhere near Alaska and there are no cruise tours. Their cruise is 27 days from Honolulu to Sydney. :(

Thanks for all the helpful advice...I was checking to see how the prices were travelling as we might opt for a balcony on a cruise with so many sea days! I am expecting it to be popular as the itinerary is fantastic.

I hadn't seen "on request" before except in relation to hotel rooms...

Archived