Alarm Clock

LindyWebb

Hello all. I am on the Valor on Sunday and I was just wondering if I need to bring my own alarm clock?

Sorry for such a trivial question, but these boards have been such a great source of information over the last few month I figured I would ask the experts!

Thanks

I'm one of those people who needs to know what time it is if I, say, wake during the night. I just need to know! So I always pack a travel alarm clock, battery-operated because I've found the current on cruise ships to be inconsistent.

But we don't use the alarm on the alarm clock. Instead, we order morning coffee via the door-knob hanger and let room service wake us at the appointed time.

Hello all. I am on the Valor on Sunday and I was just wondering if I need to bring my own alarm clock?

Sorry for such a trivial question, but these boards have been such a great source of information over the last few month I figured I would ask the experts!

Thanks

There are no alarm clocks in the cabins so if you like to have one I would bring one...we always do, just make sure you check ships time on the telephone (there are no other clocks in the room except for the telephone and I think on the TV on the navigation channel) as it will change and you need to change you clock when it does...

My wife and I have always taken one with us on all of our cruises. You can get a wake up call with your cabin phone or use room service for morning coffee. They were at our cabin at the time asked for everytime but one. That day they were all of maybe five minutes late.

We always take one. Just make sure that you get one that does not adjust itself to the current time zone! :p

Excellent advice!!

Ship almost always stays on the time your port was on. So, even if you leave from Florida (EST) when you go to Cayman for example, the locals are an hour behind, but you are still on EST.

I actually bought a cheap watch from the ship gift shop on my last cruise because I never wear one and always use my phone for the clock. Cell phones automatically change time zones.

Would hate to miss the ship while out in port exploring!!:D

The time on the phone doesn't light up and I don't know about you, but if I wake up and its dark, I would rather look at a clock that is illuminated than trying to find the time on the phone. Just more convenient.

Archived