paid upgrade to SY from VE

Eventide331

I agree, we never mentioned the upgrade deal on the cruise and it wasn't until someone mentioned the bonus points that I even thought about it. Hal's statement that the fare had to be paid in full explained it clearly to us and we never ever inquired about it. The upgrade was good enough for us.

No, I wasn't thinking it did make a difference in upsell offers. But if you book thru a TA then you have wait for that middleman to contact you and for you to get that email or ph call and the upsell could be gone by then. The middleman slows down the process IMHO. I think it might be easier to score an upsell if you book directly with the CL because as the OP did, you can call and renegotiate. You have to rely on your TA to do that and maybe their negotiation skills aren't as good as yours :p or they don't really make the call but just tell you they did? Just thoughts running in my head. :rolleyes: Happy Sailing!

I use a TA and tell her what I'm willing to pay for an upgrade/upsell. Then when she gets the call she already has my permission to grab it. ;) Once when it was a bit more that what I authorized, she called me. I thought about it for about 2 minutes then called her right back. It was worth it for the full suite! :D

Who cares about bonus points on a deal like that.

You got a fabulous deal. Good for you for refusing the first offer and then following up to see if you could craft a more attractive deal. I like that.

But keep it to yourself on the cruise......your neighbours probably paid a lot more for the same product.

I totally agree, good thinking about asking for the SY suite, the SS tend to get the noise from the Lido deck.

Archived