Luggage Forward

snow2day

Has anyone heard of the following services?

Luggageforward.com and Luggagefree.com

They pick up your luggage at your house and deliver it to the ship, and pick it up at ship and return it home. You never have to deal with it.

Not cheap. But interesting.

Yes there are several companies that take care of your luggage. But from what I have read and researched, the price is ridiculous, and the bags sent ahead must be sent somwhere in the neighborhood of two weeks before the cruise. And if sending them home, they can take that long to arrive also. Plus, they are very strict with the weight limits.

Many of the mass market lines will not accept shipped luggage, so you would have to ship the things to a place other than the cruise terminal, pick up the bags and then go to the cruise terminal. Before spending the money to ship, call the cruise line to see if they will accept shipped bags.

I've shipped all over the world, but if your cruise is in a domestic port, such as Ft Lauderdale, it's cheaper to do the shipping yourself via UPS, Fed Ex or the USPS. Those shipping services charge a premium to do the shipping. I've shipped from my home to FLL, a 50lb bag, for about $155, one way.

As for what Bonnie mentioned, it's not really a shipping service, but some lines will take your bags to the airport at the end of your cruise, and check them in for you. But, you have to have a flight after 1pm and not all airlines participate.

Some ships have a service to get your luggage to your home airport. They pick it up last night and you don't see it until you get to your home airport. Think Carnival has this.

RCCL has this on some of their sailings. it is called "luggage valet". i believe the cost is $20.00 p/p. it includes boarding pass and luggage receipts. you put your luggage out by your cabin door the last night and it magically appears on the luggage turnstile at your final airport. (if all works as planned).

Archived