Oasis -Coke or Pepsi

They only sell Coke thankfully. However, I bought one of those soda cards on my cruise on the Freedom and ended up getting my money back. Almost no matter where I went, the fountain Coke was awful. I've brought Coke and water aboard ever since.

Soda by the can is $2.24 per can incl gratuity.

The soda package is 6.90 per night of the cruise incl. gratuity. They will give you an insulated cup but you are not required to use it -- you can get soda by the glass at any place they have a fountain. You do the math, if, in the absence of the card, you are likely to buy 3 cans or fewer, go by the can. If you would buy 4 or more cans -- get the package.

With the package you will typically get a bar glass, but some places give you a tumbler. In my view, it doesn't really matter since you get refills at will. I have only once had a problem with taste -- on Jewel last fall. On our most recent cruise, they had no operational fountain in the Seaview Cafe [RIP] so they poured from a 2 liter bottle. They had mechanical issues in the Schooner bar one day and poured from cans for a while. I could not tell the difference.

I don't drink so the package is always a good deal for me -- something in my hand while my companions are drinking.

Soda by the can is $2.24 per can incl gratuity.

The soda package is 6.90 per night of the cruise incl. gratuity. They will give you an insulated cup but you are not required to use it -- you can get soda by the glass at any place they have a fountain. You do the math, if, in the absence of the card, you are likely to buy 3 cans or fewer, go by the can. If you would buy 4 or more cans -- get the package.

With the package you will typically get a bar glass, but some places give you a tumbler. In my view, it doesn't really matter since you get refills at will. I have only once had a problem with taste -- on Jewel last fall. On our most recent cruise, they had no operational fountain in the Seaview Cafe [RIP] so they poured from a 2 liter bottle. They had mechanical issues in the Schooner bar one day and poured from cans for a while. I could not tell the difference.

I don't drink so the package is always a good deal for me -- something in my hand while my companions are drinking.

Dennis, someone posted earlier this week that the can price has gone up, but didn't specify by how much. :( And that on one ship at least, the package price, too.

Your cruise companions DRINK?!?!?!?!?!? :eek: ;) :p :D

Archived