ecstasy automatic gratuity charged on sign and sail

cobra09

How much can I expect to be charged just for automatic gratuity per day on my card? I can only find that they put a $50 'hold' on my credit card when we first board. I just want to know ahead of time how much to budget for that!

That's it?!? $10 per day? Holy moly. No wonder I keep reading about people tipping everyone extra a dollar here and there. I know that tipping everyone all the time can get expensive but gees.

Thank you for answering my question. I really thought it was way more than that added on. I know that certain areas have an upcharge on them (like the coffee bar) that's a service charge or the staff gets a portion as gratuity?

Do they add it all at once or each day? I just want to know if I should expect 1 charge for $350 (7 days x 5 people) or 7 charges for $50. It makes no "real" difference but I budget everything by the day...kind of anal retentive about that, but that is the way it is...

I can't wait...we are going to have a blast!!!

Do they add it all at once or each day? I just want to know if I should expect 1 charge for $350 (7 days x 5 people) or 7 charges for $50. It makes no "real" difference but I budget everything by the day...kind of anal retentive about that, but that is the way it is...

I can't wait...we are going to have a blast!!!

it's charged all at once usually by the first day you wake up on the ship.

There will be a charge for each person in the cabin for $70 each.

Bill

That's it?!? $10 per day? Holy moly. No wonder I keep reading about people tipping everyone extra a dollar here and there. I know that tipping everyone all the time can get expensive but gees.

Thank you for answering my question. I really thought it was way more than that added on. I know that certain areas have an upcharge on them (like the coffee bar) that's a service charge or the staff gets a portion as gratuity?

When you purchase specialty coffees, sodas and alcoholic beverages there is a 15% gratuity automatically added to your bill.

The breakdown of the $10/day is $5.50 to your team in the Main Dining Room; $3.50/day to your cabin steward and assistant and the remaining dollar is divided up among the folks who serve you food on the Lido Deck.

:)

it's charged all at once usually by the first day you wake up on the ship.

There will be a charge for each person in the cabin for $70 each.

Bill

I believe this guest will be on the Ecstasy so it would be a max of $50 per.

;)

I believe this guest will be on the Ecstasy so it would be a max of $50 per.

;)

OK. didnt see any cruises listed and when he said wil he be charged 7 days X 5 people =$350 I thought he was going on a 7 day cruise.

In one of his other post he says he is going on the Dream 7/30/11 :confused:

Bill

OK. didnt see any cruises listed and when he said wil he be charged 7 days X 5 people =$350 I thought he was going on a 7 day cruise.

In one of his other post he says he is going on the Dream 7/30/11 :confused:

Bill

Since this it the title of the thread "ecstasy automatic gratuity charged on sign and sail" I figured it was likely the Ecstasy...

:)

not to be itchy here but--- but go back and read it agian just a little slower this time -- the op is on the ecstacy-asking what the charge would be- ssoceanlover? or whatever- asked if the charge was daily or all at once he is on the 7 day the op is 5 day

why do yall haave to jump on people because you think they are wrong.

Can you pay with cash for the sign and sail card or does it have to be a cc??

Cash works too. You put a certain amount down, then if it gets close to being used up, they will notify you to add more. At the end of the cruise, they will issue you a check for any amount not used.

Cash works too. You put a certain amount down, then if it gets close to being used up, they will notify you to add more. At the end of the cruise, they will issue you a check for any amount not used.

Thank You

By the way, you can pre-pay the tips before you leave if you don't want them added to your on board account. Just call Carnival and let them know you want to do it.

I like knowing that everything is prepaid before we leave. The only downside is that you would not be able to reduce your tips in the (unlikely) event that you get bad service.

How much can I expect to be charged just for automatic gratuity per day on my card? I can only find that they put a $50 'hold' on my credit card when we first board. I just want to know ahead of time how much to budget for that!

Your other posting is talking about a 4 day Ecstasy in August. (maybe 4 night, I forgot). If so, it's what the host said, $10 a day.

And....it is the same for all Carnival ships

A lot of the "ship specific" threads are really not ship specific

the only stuff that changes is CD, the comic on board, the shows...

and a few other minor differences

the tips are the same on all...the booze prices are the same..:)

and so on

I've been throwing cash here and there on my account for an upcoming 7 day cruise. So does this mean that after day 1, the "cash" balance on my S&S card will be -$75? Example, if I have $500 on there at embarkation, after day one, i would have $425 remaining, right (if i didn't spend anything else, of course)?

I asked a question about how tips were billed...the answer to my question was correct...7 x $50...because I am going on the Dream. The OP asked about tips; I hijacked a bit (sorry) with a question along the same line. The Op's cruise is a different length than mine but the daily amount and way they are billed remains the same...

I've been throwing cash here and there on my account for an upcoming 7 day cruise. So does this mean that after day 1, the "cash" balance on my S&S card will be -$75? Example, if I have $500 on there at embarkation, after day one, i would have $425 remaining, right (if i didn't spend anything else, of course)?

$75 for what per day? It's $10 a day whether it's deducted daily or $70 taken out at the end.

Archived