Radiance Of The Seas Cabin Selection

Need to book a Accessible Balcony Stateroom on this Ship for an Alaska sailing. Choices are 7110 and 7612. Anyone stayed in these? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Heppy Cruzin

7110 will have the larger balcony so that is the one I'd take. Both are excellent locations and the rooms should be exactly the same. 7110 will also get you out a little farther beyond the lifeboat covers at the point where the balcony extends out the furthest. 7612 will have the lifeboat cover extending out directly beyond the balcony for the full length.

The only accessible stateroom I've gone in on Radiance is an interior and it was huge. I loved the dance floor. ;) Well, the floor space was large enough to have a dance party inside.

Yes....DO take 7110.

Gina

Thanks for the advice. After alot of back and forth re the pro and cons of the two rooms looks like 7612 is the winner. Thinking it would be a little quieter on that side away from the elevator area. The bigger balcony looks nice on 7110 but the corner part would be exposed to other decks. I'm sure one couldn't go wrong with either. If 7610 was available we would give it a try. Can't wait to check out The Radiance after her recent refurb.

Heppy Cruzin

Thanks for the advice. After alot of back and forth re the pro and cons of the two rooms looks like 7612 is the winner. Thinking it would be a little quieter on that side away from the elevator area. The bigger balcony looks nice on 7110 but the corner part would be exposed to other decks. I'm sure one couldn't go wrong with either. If 7610 was available we would give it a try. Can't wait to check out The Radiance after her recent refurb.

Heppy Cruzin

You will read a lot of complaints about those lifeboat covers if you run a search here. And there will be no sound from the elevators in your room in 7110. There is actually a large space between the elevators and the rooms with a window in between - not to mention the other room between 7110 and the elevator area. Also, 7610 and the next few rooms forward from you can just as easily see onto the balcony of 7612 from their angle. These are just a few things to consider. Although, I'm sure you'd be happy with any of the rooms. A larger balcony is irrelevant to me, too. But I like the idea of being out a bit and not behind the lifeboat covers.

Gina

It's all your fault Gina! Just switched to 7110. Actually it was the one I had originally picked but our TA figured 7612 would be quieter. I like the idea of more balcony space and being able to get out a bit from the lifeboat covers. Thanks for your input and confirming what I felt from the start.

Heppy Cruzin

Archived