Worksite of Casa Amanti at Pompei

wantocruisemore

Has anyone been?

I just got back a couple of weeks ago from my trip and am finally going through all the papers I accummulated. When I got my Pompei tickets they gave a brochure for the Worksite of Casi Amanti, at via dell'Abbondanza at Pompei. It looks like the archaeologist have set up a worksite with a roof and access for people to go through on steel platforms, steps etc. From the photos the set-up looks similar to the arrangement at the Terrace Houses at Ephesus. They listed extra prices of 5 euro p/p or 15 euro for a family of 4 (2 adults & 2 kids under 18). It said the visits last about an hour and it looked like from the brochure that you have a guided tour. It listed online tickets at www.ticketone.it, www.pompeiisites.org.

We did not know about this added tour before we went earlier in the month. I wish I had paid attention to the materials at the time so we could have done this.

I wanted to post this so that anyone visiting Pompeii in the future will know about this added tour so they can participate if they want.

Has anyone been?

I just got back a couple of weeks ago from my trip and am finally going through all the papers I accummulated. When I got my Pompei tickets they gave a brochure for the Worksite of Casi Amanti, at via dell'Abbondanza at Pompei. It looks like the archaeologist have set up a worksite with a roof and access for people to go through on steel platforms, steps etc. From the photos the set-up looks similar to the arrangement at the Terrace Houses at Ephesus. They listed extra prices of 5 euro p/p or 15 euro for a family of 4 (2 adults & 2 kids under 18). It said the visits last about an hour and it looked like from the brochure that you have a guided tour. It listed online tickets at www.ticketone.it, www.pompeiisites.org.

We did not know about this added tour before we went earlier in the month. I wish I had paid attention to the materials at the time so we could have done this.

I wanted to post this so that anyone visiting Pompeii in the future will know about this added tour so they can participate if they want.

Thanks so much for posting this. I'm planning a week in Naples in March, mainly to visit the Roman sites such as Pompeii, Herculaneum, and the Campi Phlegrei area. One of the frustrating things is finding out how many of the houses at Pompeii are closed (unless you have a way to get special access). So far I've located a few places where you can make an advance reservation to see a specific house or building, but this is new to me.

:)

Archived