Zaandam Condition

Chelsea1

In the way of a BUMP

Snomom's review finally popped up as #178 - and our thanks for that - and very pleased to see your final comment.:)

However folks :confused::confused:

Take a look at review #179 :eek:

What we need is a few more reviews - especially when she stops the Alaska shuffle;)

Wow... their stateroom was given away? How would that happen?

Wow... their stateroom was given away? How would that happen?

Number 179 looks totally bogus to me.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=88193

I believe to post a review you need to be a member but the author appears to have zero posts and done nothing on CC other than post this review. Looks to me like either a personal grudge or a plant. Someone who has nothing good to say about anything sounds to me like a pretty unreliable source.

Here's number 178:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=87758

IMHO a much more useful review.

Roy

We sailed the Zaandam 8/7/11 - 8/14/11. I had not seen this thread prior to going, or I would have paid a little more attention.

We noticed no smells or other "issues" throughout our stay on the ship. The ship seemed to be in generally good condition. I have not cruised extensively (this was my 3rd cruise in 10 years) to know how this compares to other ships. What it looked like to me was a one of those hotels that has been operating for a while and it is about time for a "refresh". New carpet, new paint, etc. They were painting our balcony the day we arrived at our destination (started before everyone had vacated).

Staying strictly on topic, and basing this comment solely on the condition of the ship and our room, I would happily sail the Zaandam again and would have no reservations recommending it to someone else, based upon our experience.

-Matt

I was on the same cruise (8/7 - 8/14) and I would heartily agree...... I would say that the ship is in need of an update, decor-wise (it's not the newest ship and it's looking a little "tired"), but we found that our room (Verandah Deck 6163) and the rest of the public spaces were neat and clean and we noticed no smells or things that detracted from the experience. The crew was superb and the food delicious! I'd book the Zaandam again for the right itinerary, definitely.

And, as said upthread, I think review 179 is someone with an agenda. There's no real detail to back up the review.

Archived