Diamond Benefits Questions

My husband and I do have the same address. I took a cruise with my mom and got to diamond status before him. I had read here that your spouse was supposed to get the same status so I asked C&A about it. I was told that they would have to link our numbers but when they did it dropped me back to platinum. I called back and was told that the couple gets the lesser status not the higher one. I had them unlink our accounts, which put me back to diamond but left him at platinum. He has made diamond status on his own since then so we match again. However, I have taken a couple more cruises with my mom so will make diamond plus after February. I don't know if they will let him move up to D+ with me or keep him at diamond.

Oh Dee, somebody at C&A gave you bad information. :( I think you'd better call again.

I generally avoid speaking with C&A people if possible. It seems like every time I do, I end up with nothing but problems. Last time I had to call them about a cruise not showing up in my history. The guy I spoke with said I didn't provide proof that I had sailed in a JS so took all my JS extra points away. It took me several weeks of digging for old sea passes and invoices to get the points back. I never did find one of them so I ended up a point short. Hubby and I are both diamonds for now, although I have 167 points but he only has 146. If they don't change the point system, I'll be D+ after my Feb. cruise. I'll see if they will upgrade my husband to D+ also. No sense in courting trouble before then.

That makes sense. So' date=' the question goes back to the OP ... when did your parents make Diamond? :)[/font']

My step-dad has been Diamond for a few years, my mom became Diamond when she married him. Unfortunately, I am now over 18 and crown & anchor told them there was no way to go back and change my status since I am now over 18.

Yes PLEASE call back and get it straightened out.

Your husband will match your status at the higher level. I had a few more cruises than my husband, and his C/A number ALWAYS showed the same number of credits (now points) as mine. Our daughter was Diamond, and when she marred, her new husband who had one or two RCCL cruises , became Diamond to match her.

Good luck and report back.

M

I generally avoid speaking with C&A people if possible. It seems like every time I do, I end up with nothing but problems. Last time I had to call them about a cruise not showing up in my history. The guy I spoke with said I didn't provide proof that I had sailed in a JS so took all my JS extra points away. It took me several weeks of digging for old sea passes and invoices to get the points back. I never did find one of them so I ended up a point short. Hubby and I are both diamonds for now, although I have 167 points but he only has 146. If they don't change the point system, I'll be D+ after my Feb. cruise. I'll see if they will upgrade my husband to D+ also. No sense in courting trouble before then.

I think you need to speak to a rep at the D+ desk before your February cruise. 1-800-526-9723 then Press 9 anytime during the greeting.

Archived