Rivera and Spanish Splendours

jmkoilers

My wife & I are looking at taking the 7 day Rivera and Spanish Splendours on the Legend on November 11th and would love some information. After reading other threads, our concern in booking this date may not give us a chance to enjoy the area if many of the shops/sights are closed for the winter. Would we be better off to wait until mid April next year for a better experience? Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

Ports are: Monte Carlo, Monaco; Antibes, France; Porquerolles, France; Barcelona, Spain; Palamos, Spain; Port-Vendres, France; St Tropez, France; Nice, France

John

Due to a change in vacation schedules, we are now looking at this cruise for Oct. 14-21. Can anyone advise if that timing is better? Any other insights on ports of call? I have already looked at the other posts.

Due to a change in vacation schedules, we are now looking at this cruise for Oct. 14-21. Can anyone advise if that timing is better? Any other insights on ports of call? I have already looked at the other posts.

We spent 5 days in Monaco mid October a couple of years ago. The weather was lovely.

We just came off the Legend (did 3 weeks on the French and Italian riviera) and did many of the ports you mentioned. I can't say enough about the ship, service, towns, (even the shore excursions sponsored by the ship) hat we chose to do. October should be wonderful and you should have a blast. Maxine.

We are going Aug. 19th on this same itinerary on the Legend and would appreciate any feedback on the tours and anything that we shouldn't miss............and of course any tips for the ship herself (our first with Seabourn)

Debbie:)

Yes, on the Spirit in Oct. ~from Rome. I disembarked Spirit and the next day boarded the Odyssey for the Transatlantic Crossing ~

What a great memory you have ~~Capt. Magnus was our Master and my favorite chef was aboard.....'Senor Bjoern Wassmuth:D And darlin' Nick Hale was our CD.

I can reccommend a restaurant called 'La Barceloneta ~ I would call first and check as to hours. You won't need a reservation, (I don't believe)

Have a wonderful, magical cruise!

Martita B.

My wife & I are looking at taking the 7 day Rivera and Spanish Splendours on the Legend on November 11th and would love some information. After reading other threads, our concern in booking this date may not give us a chance to enjoy the area if many of the shops/sights are closed for the winter. Would we be better off to wait until mid April next year for a better experience? Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

Ports are: Monte Carlo, Monaco; Antibes, France; Porquerolles, France; Barcelona, Spain; Palamos, Spain; Port-Vendres, France; St Tropez, France; Nice, France

John

John,

we lived in the Nice area a while ago and we visit as often as we can. November and May can both be rainy. November a little cooler. The shops,etc will be open. Many restaurants close for vacation mid- late- November into early December. It should not affect your enjoyment. We were drenched in rain many times at the Cannes film festival in May.

Go to weatherunderground.com for historical data on both months.

Thieves thrive on the streets of Barcelona so you may want to leave anything of value locked in a safe ~better 'safe than sorry.:eek:

The pickpockets are so smooth you'll never know you have been robbed until you reach for your billfold ~ please be extra careful.

Have a grand cruise and post a review upon your return:D

Martita B.

>"pickpockets are so smooth.."

Billfolds are smooth too, and one precaution you can take is to wrap several thick rubber bands around it, making it more difficult to lift. My Father always did this and then I heard it in a workshop on safe traveling. I guess Father Does Know Best.

Archived