excursion and OBC question.... probably stupid, but still

flgatormom29

Ok, so i'm going to try to make this as NON confusing as I can!

First, we are booked ES.

We are going on our wedding cruise in Oct. 20 people going. My cousin (Jenny) was supposed to book her own room with her husband, but her husband isn't going. My mom is already booked with her sister but now her boyfriend (Dave) is coming.

So Jenny is going to book a new room, and book with Dave. Then when we get on the ship, change rooms with my mom (so Jenny will be staying with her mom and my mom will stay with Dave)

Confused yet? ;)

So here's my question.... Jenny is my MOH for my wedding. As a bridesmaid gift, i'm going to either pay for her excursion with us, or give her OBC to do with what she wants, or a lil or both depending on which excursion she is interested in.

So, if I book OBC, when she switches rooms does it transfer with her or stay in the first room? Do i need to get funship dollars instead?

If i get her funship dollars, can she take the certificate up to the desk and apply them to her account when she switches rooms with my mom?

What about price drops? My mom is booked ES, but my cousin and Dave are going to book PG-since ES is over. If my mom's room gets price drops, that stays with the room? Who will get it? Since there will be 3 different accounts in that room, does it get split up evenly or does only 1 account get it?.....I'm assuming my mom will not see any of it since she will be transfering into the PG room? If it helps, my mom's name is the one with the star next to it (on booking info)

Same goes for excursions, we plan to prebook (going with carnival only bc of the time thing and my kids will be staying on boat with granny while we go on excursions, dont' want to even have to worry about it).

If i book her excursion, will it transfer with her to the new room? Should i wait and do it on the ship?

Just lots of questions, maybe stupid...but i'm so nervous its going to get all screwed up! :D

Thanks in advance for all the help!!!

After final payment only those who booked ES can get price drops. They can ask for a upgrade if a higher category matches what they paid.

If you know what excursions, I would book the excursions and pay for them ahead of time, as when you book, the credit card is charged at that time, rather than play with fun dollars which I believe have to be applied before the cruise.

When you book the excursions, you pick the person's name, so it will stay with them. Carnival does not care where anyone sleeps, as when they check in their credit card info is attached to them.

PS I would think if prices drop the OBC would go to whomever's account fare dropped, but since I pay for the whole cabin, Im not 100% sure.

If you just get extra keys and sleep where you want no problems. .. but if you have the pursers desk switch people around permantly and not just get extra keys .. you probably will have problems with the OBC. .. I would not do it if you have OBC attached to the cabin's occupants.

After final payment only those who booked ES can get price drops. They can ask for a upgrade if a higher category matches what they paid.

If you know what excursions, I would book the excursions and pay for them ahead of time, as when you book, the credit card is charged at that time, rather than play with fun dollars which I believe have to be applied before the cruise.

When you book the excursions, you pick the person's name, so it will stay with them. Carnival does not care where anyone sleeps, as when they check in their credit card info is attached to them.

PS I would think if prices drop the OBC would go to whomever's account fare dropped, but since I pay for the whole cabin, Im not 100% sure.

If you just get extra keys and sleep where you want no problems. .. but if you have the pursers desk switch people around permantly and not just get extra keys .. you probably will have problems with the OBC. .. I would not do it if you have OBC attached to the cabin's occupants.

i understand only ES gets price drops after final payment. I'm just asking because my mom is booked in an ES room now but once on board moving to the room that will be booked PG.

As for the funship dollars VS excursion-I'm either paying for an excursion for my MOH to join us OR giving her OBC. If she is not interested in our excursions, i'll give her OBC to do what she wants (excursions, drinks, ect). So my question is, can i call my PVP (she booked with her as well) and put OBC onto her account ONLY or since she is booking with my mom's BF, give her funship certificates so she can put them on her account once she switches rooms?

If i put OBC does it go to the whole room or can i put it to just one person in that room?

If funship dollars make it easier, i can surely do that. But if she picks the excursion, then i'll just book that and forget the OBC all together.

Just trying to figure out what i need to do once she decides if she is interested in excursions. :-)

I would ask your PVP if you insist and permantly changing cabins once onboard.

My suggest as I said is to just get a extra key card for the cabin people want to sleep in if its not their own cabin.. and leave the cabins as they are booked so the OBC doesnt get shuffled and then you are upset by overcomplicating things.

if there was nothing prepaid and you were not wanting to put OBC on certain accounts, then I would say fine, ask the pursers desk if they will switch people around

btw sometimes the pursers desk will say no .. so you will have no choice but just to get key cards to the cabins they want to sleep in and carry two cards around. One for purchases and one to get into the cabin they want to sleep in.

I dont know that you can switch people to another cabin and expect their OBC to follow them around. Get it in writing if you insist on doing it this way.

I would ask your PVP if you insist and permantly changing cabins once onboard.

My suggest as I said is to just get a extra key card for the cabin people want to sleep in if its not their own cabin.. and leave the cabins as they are booked so the OBC doesnt get shuffled and then you are upset by overcomplicating things.

if there was nothing prepaid and you were not wanting to put OBC on certain accounts, then I would say fine, ask the pursers desk if they will switch people around

btw sometimes the pursers desk will say no .. so you will have no choice but just to get key cards to the cabins they want to sleep in and carry two cards around. One for purchases and one to get into the cabin they want to sleep in.

I dont know that you can switch people to another cabin and expect their OBC to follow them around. Get it in writing if you insist on doing it this way.

Thank u! I'm not too worried about the ES price drops, there hasn't been any available for their cabin type for 2 months.

Sounds like if she doesn't want to do excursions with us, I will get funship dollars to hand to her. She can take the certificate to the desk and have it put on her account correct?

Ur definitely a great resource! :-)

Archived