yet another excursion question...re:atlantis

flgatormom29

I'm looking on the list for my ecstacy cruise in december. We really want to do Atlantis if the weather permits.

On the carnival excursions for that particular sailing there is only the dolphin shallow water/aquaventure, Discover atlantis, and discover atlantis & harbor cruise. There is no half or full day at the aquaventure?

Is this because it's still too soon? Do you think they will add more? Or because they sold out? Or because of the times we are in port (12pm-8pm). I really was interested in the full day with lunch package, but it's not available.....

Is it better to just rent a room at comfort Inn and get the day passes and just buy dinner there? What happens if it's yucky and rainy out, can we cancel the room for no charge?

UGH :rolleyes:

You can take a cab to Atlantis and purchase day passes there for the aquaventure...

For our upcoming cruise the passes from Atlantis were a better deal than getting a room at the Comfort Inn...

I didn't realize you could do that. I thought they had to be pre-purchased! Do they sell out or can anyone go?

I'm sailing in Dec too! Which sailing are you on? As far as the excursions go, my PVP told me that usually about 100-90 days out is when most if not all excursions open up, so you still have some time.

I'm sailing in Dec too! Which sailing are you on? As far as the excursions go, my PVP told me that usually about 100-90 days out is when most if not all excursions open up, so you still have some time.

We are going on the Dec 1st one. I see you are on the 10th. I'm very excited to see the Ecstacy! I have heard nothing but excellent things about her!!

We wanted to do the New Years Eve cruise kidless, but it was double the price AND since we are getting married in Oct and when we get back it's xmas time with 2 kids, we thought we should go on the cheaper one, maybe next year! :-)

Day passes are sold on a first come bases and can sell out. Not sure how busy they would be the time of year you will be there. Do a search on Atlantis on the Bahamas board. A cc member named Scubagirl lives in the Bahamas and is a good scource of info. We were there on July 2nd and I have a review on the Bahamas board.

I'm looking on the list for my ecstacy cruise in december. We really want to do Atlantis if the weather permits.

On the carnival excursions for that particular sailing there is only the dolphin shallow water/aquaventure, Discover atlantis, and discover atlantis & harbor cruise. There is no half or full day at the aquaventure?

Is this because it's still too soon? Do you think they will add more? Or because they sold out? Or because of the times we are in port (12pm-8pm). I really was interested in the full day with lunch package, but it's not available.....

Is it better to just rent a room at comfort Inn and get the day passes and just buy dinner there? What happens if it's yucky and rainy out, can we cancel the room for no charge?

We are booking her for May 2012 (too long!!). Please, Please, Please, come back and let us know what you think! I have heard nothing but good things about Carnival Ecstasy and I am so excited about her move to Fl. :D

Ok, we are going on the sensation on 11.27.11 and we have the option to do the whole day with lunch but it says that its only 5 hours and its $175pp.. i called Atlantis and day passes (if they are not sold out) will be $120pp. I also called comfort suites which I point blank asked the lady i spoke to if it was possible to just book the room and use Atlantis. SHE REPLIED yes, buy booking any room at their hotel you are able to use everything (except the cove and the guest rooms) at the Atlantis. And the room right now is at $150 PER NIGHT and you are able to have 4 people in that room all of which can be under that free pass. $212 with tax. So you do the math..lol $212 for up to 4 people or 120 each. You can book online and you dont have to pay anything up front they charge you upon check in. Also I looked up the weather on the internet it tells you average temp and average rainfall for each day and month.

Do you happen to know what number i would cal for the comfort suites? I'm going on the Sensation end of Aug and would like to book a room to get the atlantis passes.

You can book online at the Comfort Suites website...Paradise Island

Ok, we are going on the sensation on 11.27.11 and we have the option to do the whole day with lunch but it says that its only 5 hours and its $175pp.. i called Atlantis and day passes (if they are not sold out) will be $120pp. I also called comfort suites which I point blank asked the lady i spoke to if it was possible to just book the room and use Atlantis. SHE REPLIED yes, buy booking any room at their hotel you are able to use everything (except the cove and the guest rooms) at the Atlantis. And the room right now is at $150 PER NIGHT and you are able to have 4 people in that room all of which can be under that free pass. $212 with tax. So you do the math..lol $212 for up to 4 people or 120 each. You can book online and you dont have to pay anything up front they charge you upon check in. Also I looked up the weather on the internet it tells you average temp and average rainfall for each day and month.

It is not always $150 per night, I have seen it as high as $350 per night, with taxes doens't really save you a lot.

Here is the deal with Atlantis.

You can get the day passes there...$150 per adult, $80 per child...but they only sell so many and they do sell out quite a bit.

You can book a room at the Atlantis or the Comfort Suites...keep in mind it is not for 4 ppl in the room you get that rate for unless it is 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 15. Anyone over 15 they add more charges and fees on to the room charge. You can book directly online at the Comfort Suites website and just use Paradise Island as you location...

Now, the bummer of using Comfort Suites is if it rains, you still pay...you can't cancel that day and with the weather down there you never know until that day really if it is going to rain or now. We went one time and it started to rain, what's the difference, you are wet anyway, they will keep it open as long as it isn't lightning outside...

You are in port from 12-8 in Decmeber and you wan to do the waterpark? It's not going to be worth your money. Let's say you dock on time at 12:00, customs has to clear the ship, you have to get off and walk the million mile hike down the longest pier ever (being sarcastic, but is a long pier if you are at the end;)), you have to catch a cab and get over to the Atlantis or Comfort Suites...figure it is now atleast 12:30...you then have to go to either buy the passes at the Atlantis or check in at the Comfort Suites and walk to the Atlantis. From there you need to get to the towel hut to get your wristbands and then walk to where the lockers are to put your stuff...I am figuring about 1:000 or so until you hit the water. Slides close around 4:30-5 in December...so really, maybe you will get 4 hours at the most if you are lucky...can you do everything in 4 hours...

I would check and see how many ships are docked on that day at the port (or if you give me the date I can check for you), if it is just yours or maybe one other small one you should be OK, more than that the lines will get pretty long...we have done the aquaventure several times and I NEVER get tired of it, but I won't even think about doing it unless I have alteast 6 or 7 hours there and that is with having done it already...

Do you happen to know if you can buy an additional pass with the room? I have three kids and trying to see if this will work.

If you really want to spend the day at Atlantis, I would buy your tickets ahead of time and not risk it. I was just there this week and they sold out of the Aquaventure day passes even before the desk that sold them opened for the day. Especially if your ship doesn't dock till noon -- we docked at 7am and I was inside Atlantis at 8:30 and they were already sold out.

Archived