Need help rush it courier or advance check in

Hi we are cruising NCL in Jan . Has anyone used this service to have their luggage sent to the airport after their cruise?

We have a late flight and would like to spend the day in Nola but we do not want to lug our luggage around with us.

We just want to know if they are a reliable service.

Or...what do you do with your luggage? Where do you store it when you have a late flight? Thanks

Terri

• 11 months later...

Has anyone used them recently?

My sister is cruising next month and would like to use their service but they don't answer their phones.

I told her to try calling tomorrow(Sunday) around cruise times.

Anyone know when they answer phones?

Thanks!

They are the same outfit as Advance Check In and we used them this past May after our Elation cruise to take our bags from the port to MSY - they even have a limo service from Cafe Du Monde to the airport for $14pp.

Great people, excellent service - wouldn't hesitate to use them again!

We didn't reserve ahead of time - as you exit Customs, they have several people standing outside the exit doors to tell you of their service and walk you to their window - they are located in the dropoff/pickup overhang at the Erato St Pier.....

• 2 months later...

We cruised from New Orleans in March. Upon our return we had extra time in N.O. so we check our bags with Rush It Courier (alias Advanced Check-in). Unfortunately our large duffel did not make it to the airport - the other 4 bags did. Their paperwork said they had the same liability as the airline for a lost bag. At first they were very friendly and said they would reimburse us for the loss. After we submitted a list of the lost items and their value the company quit returning our calls. If we actually got someone to answer they would claim the owner was in the building and would call us back - but no one would ever call. It has been 6 months and we have not been reimbursed a penny. The BBB cannot help because mail is returned from the address on their website. I filed a complaint with the Attorney General and received a letter from them saying they would look into it. I tried working with them for months because they were so nice in the beginning. But at this point I have no apparent avenue to recover what is lost & I want people aware the risk they run if they use this service.

It has been very frustrating. I had shopped for new clothes since it was my big b-day cruise, so a lot of what I lost was new. Making for a costly loss. Plus I lost most of my shoes - which is very difficult to replace since I wear a size 5. At the time they claimed there was confusion with a porter being in their area that day. Like I said I TRIED to give them the benefit of the doubt, but after months of chasing after them to get some type of compensation I think my only course of action is to warn others of their business practices. My cruise was fantastic, but it makes me not want to cruise out of NOLA at all. Especially since the port officials have been no help either.

• 2 years later...

My parents had a similarly terrible experience with this company and they also did nothing to compensate my parents, which was the least that they deserved! Truly I have never have I encountered such an unprofessional and unhelpful company.

Advance check-in literally has one job: take your bags from the airport to the cruise ship. You would think that since this is their one job they would know how to get it done. Instead, my parents, who entrusted their luggage (including important medical equipment) to these people, ended up on a one-week cruise sans any of their belongings.

Once this massive mistake was made, you would think that this company would try their best to rectify this horrible situation. Not so. Advance Check-In became unresponsive. They stopped answering their phone and became impossible to get ahold of. When a connection was finally made, Advance Check-in said the bags were on a flight to Cusco, the cruise’s first stop. Having never received confirmation of a flight number of baggage claim number (remember the lack of communication here), my parents spent the entire day at the Cusco airport trying to track down their luggage. To make matters worse, this day was also my mother’s birthday.

Finally, they were able to confirm that Advance Check-In never sent the bags. My parents were forced to run around and buy everything they would need for the rest of their vacation costing them hundreds of unnecessary dollars. Advance Check-In destroyed their much needed and well deserved vacation and they didn’t even care. They have refused to provide ANY reimbursement or compensation. What a horrible, horrible company. I implore you to never, ever use them.