coffee - refresh my memory?

We can't stand the coffee on board ship so always take some packs of Starbucks instant coffee with us. The last 2 cruises we were on we had kettles in our room so it was great to sit on the balcony with a nice cup of coffee.

OMG that is the ONLY reason to get off the ship in Nassau IMPO! I know just the location you are speaking of! Heck, I took a photo for our TR

I whole-heartedly agree! We got our coffee and went right back on board. There was nothing else we needed to see there!!! :p

We can't stand the coffee on board ship so always take some packs of Starbucks instant coffee with us. The last 2 cruises we were on we had kettles in our room so it was great to sit on the balcony with a nice cup of coffee.

This made me chuckle at how subjective coffee tastes are. I would rather drink just about any brewed coffee served to me over the Starbucks instant coffee. I think that stuff is simply criminal.:eek: Even Burger King's coffee concentrate is preferable to Starbucks instant to my tastebuds!

Hey Dude...Not nit picking. I love cruising, would love twice a year, ...I do have so much fun on a cruise. BUT see at the top of the page...discussion? It is a discussion. My point is that if I got this awful stuff at a nice resort or restaurant I would complain. A cup of coffee after dinner is one of my little joys in life. On Princess that was not possible. I paid extra for a coffee card, and still could not have the waitress bring a real live cup of coffee. My memory was that the RCCL coffee was at least drinkable, and made from grounds - not syrup...sounds like Royal fans have the same coffee issues......

Why make a big deal about coffee? Lackluster coffee is not going to kill you. Most cruises last 7 days at the most; an insignificant portion of your entire lifetime.

There's a lot to enjoy during a vacation. I'd rather focus on the fun parts of my cruise, rather than nitpicking on little things, like coffee beans and condiments.

I also enjoy a good cup of coffee (or several) each day. On Princess I broke down and bought the coffee card a day or two into the cruise. I actually don't mind paying for a good cup of coffee, so my question is, on Liberty what is my best bet for coffee (free or otherwise)?

I've cruised US Navy, Celebrity, RCCL, Carnival & Princess. None of the coffee served are good, but Princess is by far the worst, followed closely by US Navy! On the Caribbean Princess, the "fresh-brewed" (i.e. coffee you pay for) was almost as bad. I think on this particular cruise, they ran out of coffee filters so they filtered though paper towels. Ask me how I know!

I can get down just about any coffee, except Princess. I like Celebrity & RCCL coffee the best (of cruise lines, of course.)

On Oasis last year, the free coffee was Seattle's Best which I've never been a huge fan of.

Sometimes it was decent, sometimes it was lousy. I got the best cups of coffee at the Cafe Promenade and at the Donut Shop. At other places it alternated between way too strong to very weak. It seemed consistently pretty good at those 2 locations though.

Speaking of coffee daughter, if I get lost on the Allure, I'll be waiting at Starbucks for you to come rescue me.

the coffee has definitely IMPROVED on RCL...it IS Seattle's Best..I love the "Henry's blend" some of the problem , I believe, is that they dont know exactly how to make it ! we've had a suite with in suite coffee maker & in junior suites where they added the single cup maker they give you a pod thats enough coffee to make a 10cup pot ! I do agree that the coffee in the MDR-especially at breakfast is MOST yummy! no more syrupy crap that stuff is long gone

We always buy Folgers coffee bags and get the hot water in the Windjammer. Could not drink their stuff.

Me too...I take them into the DR in the morning and just ask for a pot of hot water and dunk it in. Not great but better than the stuff they serve.

I found the coffee on Allure to be quite drinkable. Especially in Café Promenade where it actually tasted something.

One night when I went for a cup of coffee I heard an american lady complaining about how strong the coffee was and that she needed a lot of milk in it. I then knew this brew might even come close to what I drink at home. It did.

It was not as strong as I brew it my self, but pretty close.

I must say the Windjammer had the weakest and worst coffee onboard.

The best coffee was the one that I got at 150 Central Park. You could almost grab it with a fork. Just the way I like my coffee. :)

I didn't get any details, but I asked our waiter about the coffee and he told me they don't make their coffee the same way as the other venues onboard.

But even as a Swede who drinks the second most coffee in the world (per capita) it takes a little more than bad coffee to ruin my cruise. :cool:

I found the coffee on Explorer to be much improved since our last cruise a few years ago. I had taken some Starbucks via packets along thinking I'd just get hot water and mix my own because I could not even drink the junk they called coffee last time. This time it was pretty decent and I never used my Via packets! I did however, take along a ziploc bag full of the Mini Moo cups of half and half, no refrigeration needed. I had read here that their half and half was not 'real', it's a mix of half milk and half creamer.

Archived