Skagway, AK wedding vow renewal

BigZfan

My husband will be in Skagway, AK on Friday 7/13/12 for our 10th wedding anniversary. We are trying to find a nice place to have to renew our vows. We are not looking for anything extravagant. The Carnival Cruise ship will only do renewals on 7/11/12, and they won't schedule them until you board the ship. Plus we really wanted to renew our vows on our actual anniversary. We won't have any one else there besides us. No Guests.

What we would like to have is

• Special-ceremony location

• Ceremony performed by a qualified person -- Lutheran or Non-Denominational or a Civil Service Officiant

• Keepsake “Renewal of Marriage Vows” Certificate or something similiar

• Recorded ceremony music (optional)

• Photography Service (looking for digital photos--nothing extravagant)

• Simple flowers -- single rose??

We are hoping to book an excursion to see the White Pass & Yukon Railway in Skagway, AK also that day. We will be in Skagway from 7:00am until 9:00pm but obviously will need time to get off of the ship and get back on the ship.

I have searched the internet for something and can not find what I am looking for. I am hoping that you would be able to help me find what we are looking for.

People on this board already lead me to Harv and Marv for the Whale Watch tour, and I know to sit on the left side of the train for the White Pass & Yukon Railway, so I think this forum will be my best bet in finding answers to our wedding renewal plans too.

Thank you,

wedding.jpg.11e58f769f0b459a5aabb92e80a142d9.jpg

I don't know all of the details, because I decided to take our tour with Becky in another direction, but one option is to contact Becky at Beyond Skagway Tours and see if she can help you. On her website, she talks about taking people to renew their wedding vows at a 100+ year old church in Carcross. Since it is a private tour, it is expensive, but from what I hear she is a great guide. (We don't actually go on our trip until next month, so I don't have first hand knowledge yet.)

Have you tried contacting the Skagway chamber of tourism and chamber of commerce? They may be able to connect you up with the right company or group. Skagway is a small town. Its very quant and pretty, surrounded by mountains. It would be a beautiful location for a ceremony. Being that it is so small, I don't know what their resources are in terms of vow certificates, etc.

My husband will be in Skagway, AK on Friday 7/13/12 for our 10th wedding anniversary. We are trying to find a nice place to have to renew our vows. We are not looking for anything extravagant. The Carnival Cruise ship will only do renewals on 7/11/12, and they won't schedule them until you board the ship. Plus we really wanted to renew our vows on our actual anniversary. We won't have any one else there besides us. No Guests.

What we would like to have is

• Special-ceremony location

• Ceremony performed by a qualified person -- Lutheran or Non-Denominational or a Civil Service Officiant

• Keepsake “Renewal of Marriage Vows” Certificate or something similiar

• Recorded ceremony music (optional)

• Photography Service (looking for digital photos--nothing extravagant)

• Simple flowers -- single rose??

We are hoping to book an excursion to see the White Pass & Yukon Railway in Skagway, AK also that day. We will be in Skagway from 7:00am until 9:00pm but obviously will need time to get off of the ship and get back on the ship.

I have searched the internet for something and can not find what I am looking for. I am hoping that you would be able to help me find what we are looking for.

People on this board already lead me to Harv and Marv for the Whale Watch tour, and I know to sit on the left side of the train for the White Pass & Yukon Railway, so I think this forum will be my best bet in finding answers to our wedding renewal plans too.

Thank you,

Here is a listing, that I suggest you contact direct, what is of interest. http://www.skagwaychamber.org/worship.html

• 1 year later...

Archived