Ground transportation in Philly

tigre

We'll be sailing on the 3/28 NCL Crown re-positioning arriving in Philly 4/10. Does anyone know of economical transportation options from cruise terminal to airport (i.e.- like SuperShuttle)? I called one service I found online, and they wanted $85 which sounded a bit steep.

The "cruise terminal" is not too far from the airport and both are inside the city limits. It should not be an expensive taxi ride. The airport "limo" services that I know of do not provide service within the city. If I come up with any more, I'll post again.

You are right, $85 is too steep – it must have been a real limo. For that rate I’ll pick you up.

I looked around a little more. It seems that taxi is the primary option. There was one service I found that offered center city to airport shuttle. I can’t vouch for them and I don’t know if they do the cruise terminal (it is not center city) . . . but the rates they mentioned from center city to the airport seemed reasonable. Lady Liberty shuttle 215-724-8888, email ladylibertyshuttle@aol.com

I also saw on the airport website (http://www.phl.org) that flat rate taxi to center city is $20 – you are going a shorter distance.

This site may help you. http://www.cruisephilly.com/transportation/shuttles/ It indicates that people from the visitor center will be at the port.

I'm on the same cruise. I was looking at this today. The airport is between 4 and 5 miles from the cruise terminal, which is at the end of Broad Street in the old Navy Yard. I'm planning on taking a cab. You could check on buying a transfer from the cruise line, but that's likely to be a bus.

Archived